Sign in to follow this  
bobanderson294

Replacing 4 way Flasher Switch

I have a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32V on a workhorse chassis W22. The 4 way flasher switch located on the steering column needs to be replaced and My question is do I need to remove the steering wheel or can the plastic column covers be removed without removing the steering wheel?

Also, where could I purchase a new switch and does anyone know where I might be able to get a workhorse service manual for my unit?

Thanks,

Bob Anderson

Bob Welcome to the Forum.

Your steering column should be a two piece unit with the screws on the underside. Your Flasher switch should be on the underside and should not requiring removing the Steering Wheel. When you have it out take it to a Auto Parts house or a Chevrolet dealer and they should be able to match it.

Herman

Bob.  A Chevy Truck dealership might have your Service Manual.  The odds are that it is a 2003 chassis.  If they don't, then call Fleetwood Tech Dept.  Have your FIN and VIN # handy!

Bob, Welcome to the Forum !

The shop manual shows the steering wheel removed to replace the plastic trim piece !! I do have the steering column section of the workhorse  shop manual open. 

Looking at things - I can not tell if the 4 way switch is mounted directly to the trim or is fastened to the steering column.

Not knowing your skill level and tools you have - it might be beyond what you want to tackle.

Rich.