Here we in Quartzsite, boondocking for the first time. Been here 2 weeks now. Solar panel install. You're  right Bill Adams, this is one dusty 'Burg. Had to do it at least once. We'll be heading to Tucson soon, not sure if it will be a day, a week or a month. After that, through El Paso and along southern TX to the RGV. Very well could be spending some time there this winter so we want to check it out on our way to Lafayette, LA.. 

IMG_3508.JPG

Lookingaft.JPG

Lookingforward.JPG

IMG_3468.JPG

Still love your farm dog.  We have it's twin, female (Fixed) Ranch dog. :)

Nice photos, thank you, for reminding me, of why I do not go there anymore!!!  I'll show them to Linda, she want's to go to Quartzsite and can't understand, why I don't. :wacko: 

Have been through Quartzite many times  and the California dunes along I-8 as well. Mostly in the winter. Could see RV's of all types in both places. We have RV'ed since 1986. Neither area looked inviting to me but "one man's trash can be another man's treasure." 

The photos of the solar panel installation are very good though. Ideal place to have them.

5 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Take your time. It will be a while before PA warms up.B)

Bill

We are not planning on being there before June 1st. Thanks

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Still love your farm dog.  We have it's twin, female (Fixed) Ranch dog. :)

Nice photos, thank you, for reminding me, of why I do not go there anymore!!!  I'll show them to Linda, she want's to go to Quartzsite and can't understand, why I don't. :wacko: 

Thanks, he's a good boy. I doubt we will come here again but I did see some better spots on the other side of the pass towards Bouse. Supposed to be not as dusty and from what I saw, a little more secluded. Thanks again

1 hour ago, obedb said:

Have been through Quartzite many times  and the California dunes along I-8 as well. Mostly in the winter. Could see RV's of all types in both places. We have RV'ed since 1986. Neither area looked inviting to me but "one man's trash can be another man's treasure." 

The photos of the solar panel installation are very good though. Ideal place to have them.

It is the boondocking capital of the world but it's not for us. We had to do it once to see for ourselves. Thanks

Considering the geography, Quartzsite doesn't appear to have the most scenic views, but snowbirds flock there regardless... Never been there, but soon will be heading to Bourse to meet up with a friend who HAS been there a few times... maybe he has poor taste? Will find out soon!

Q is a place you have to experience at least once. In '99 was our first time and the wife said  no more. Since then, we have missed 2 years. I'm a ham radio guy so we go south to MP99 where the ham guys hand out.

I am such a nervous person that I would not be able to install solar panels for myself. I would constantly think, what if there will be hail or even a tree will fall on solar panels😁

1 hour ago, AlexNillson89 said:

I am such a nervous person that I would not be able to install solar panels for myself. I would constantly think, what if there will be hail or even a tree will fall on solar panels😁

Welcome to the forum.

That is what insurance is fore. 

Bill

Solar panels are not human, they can be replaced. Humans, a different story, and they have enough intell to hunt a shelter if time permits.😃

We live a little over an hour away from Quartzsite but we still go down every year for a week or so to see old friends and see what's in the "Big Tent"..... getting more and more consumer and less and less RV every year ;)

Alpine.jpg

We were out to Q in March. I have a sister now living just north of there on the river. Not far below Parker dam I think it is River Lodge Resort.

Bill