jeslaughter

Website Changes

jeslaughter,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Not easy to  find-- I had to ask as well.

After you log in, click on the "fuel gauge-looking icon" on the right, next to top. It is called Member Dashboard.

Membership directory is at the top in the blue line.

WAY past my pay grade.

My only input on the new website was to have the designers use DIAL-UP SPEED and verify that the website "worked", as many members access the site from slow speed access points while on the road.

Hi Folks,

Brett is correct, it is in the blue bar above the Dashboard once you are logged in.  See attached visual.

As you can imagine, revamping the website was an enormous undertaking, but rest assured we are always working to improve the user experience (that will never stop).  So thank you for pointing this out.

Sincerely,

Dan Ball

Director of Membership & Marketing

Membership Directory.jpg

Have not been here for a while, but the membership directory is now a fairly large blue box on the left of the main page.

I view the website on my Android phone.  The site used to show links to some of the popular or latest topics on the forum on the main page, but these are no longer there?  Any reasoning why this easy access has disappeared?

I also read the forum on my Android, and it took a bit of searching to figure this out.

First, bookmark the forum. Easy if you're using the stock Chrome brower...click on the three dots on the top right of the screen, and then tap on the outline of a star at the top of the page. That creates a bookmark. You can also put the bookmark directly on your home screen if you want.

Once you're at the page for the forum, there is an unmarked icon at the top of the page that sort of looks like a miniature newspaper. On my phone it shows just to the left of the search icon. Tap on this and it will bring up all your unread content on the forum. It is possible to mark everything as 'read' if you want to start over and only have the latest stuff show as unread as it appears.

Hope this helps.

It's there. Once you log in to fmca.com (different than than logging straight into the forum) the membership drop down changes. Click on the Member Dashboard and follow the advertisement squares on the left hand side. On mine it is the sixth square down.

Happy searching.

BobWW.  Welcome to the Forum!:)

Are you a FMCA member also?  If not, then you must join before you can navigate the main FMCA site, as Wayne suggested.

Merry Christmas🎄

On 1/30/2018 at 6:32 PM, wolfe10 said:

WAY past my pay grade.

My only input on the new website was to have the designers use DIAL-UP SPEED and verify that the website "worked", as many members access the site from slow speed access points while on the road.

Thank you very much! my download speed,as measured by my provider, is 14kb/second, and that''s not dial up, it's DSL.🤢

6 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Have you tried using speedtest.net ?

My download speed is 292 Mbps (juar bragging)

Can I borrow some Wayne? You must be plugged into the Pentagon directly.:rolleyes:

Kay, sorry but it's only 232 this morning. You'll have to wait until it speeds up again.👺

It's Comcast and they are very$$Proud of their services. Started out cheap 10 years ago and has increasingly gone up. I do love the speed now though.

You can sit out at the curb and I'll give you access. Come on down.

p.s., I think I'm pretty close to the trunking system.

On 1/31/2018 at 7:16 AM, dball said:

Hi Folks,

Brett is correct, it is in the blue bar above the Dashboard once you are logged in.  See attached visual.

As you can imagine, revamping the website was an enormous undertaking, but rest assured we are always working to improve the user experience (that will never stop).  So thank you for pointing this out.

Sincerely,

Dan Ball

Director of Membership & Marketing

Membership Directory.jpg

Just to add to Dan's commit. When you logon to fmca.com go to the right and click on the speedometer symbol, the screen will change. Then on the left side scroll down and your will see MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY. Click on it and wala, you can look up any members, if their dues are current.

Herman 

A foot note, unless that's been changed also.  You can look for someones status, if you have their F# also...it should show active or inactive.

Wow! I see a very different screen on the FMCA home page. It is all the way over to the right.

The second icon down is the dashboard.   The sixth square down on the left is the membership directory.

Why is mine so different, or are these two different screens on FMCA.  I don't have anything "blue" on the top of my screens.

image.thumb.png.f88c091c232cd561ba7335c4c3c5eb9c.png

Lots of time it depends on whether you are using Chrome or Edge or something else.

Where the blue header is supposed to be in Chrome is all adds about Perry.

Bill