super8mm

Bataan & Corregidor Memorial Convention

Is anyone else going to the  American Defenders of Bataan and Corregidor Memorial Society convention in Albuquerque, NM in May?

I am hoping to make it if things workout.  I would like to talk to anyone that my dad may have known but those odds are dwindling very fast now.

I knew someone who has passed in 2011, James Brennan. Maybe he knew Jim. He was an awesome guy.

The family of Mr. James E. Brennan have asked the Patriot Guard to stand in honor of their loved one. 
Mr. Brennan was a survivor of the Bataan Death March, then held captive for over 3 and a half years before his liberation and subsequent return home to his family. He has a life-long history of involvement in Veterans issues, groups and work in his community. He served for 34 years on the Pawtucket Police Department retiring in 1982 as a lieutenant and the head of the Traffic Division. He was the first president of the Pawtucket FOP Lodge #4 and long time member of the Walter Gatchell Post and the VFW Chapter 306. Jim was very active in the DAV Lawrence E. Redmond Chapter 3 and has been a strong and outspoken advocate for veteran's issues.
Awards and decorations: Purple Heart, Prisoner of War Medal, Asiatic Pacific Campaign Medal, World War II Victory Medal, and Combat Infantryman Badge. In 1999 Jim received the Rhode Island Cross and in 2009 he was inducted into the Pawtucket Hall of Fame. 

Thanks DBenoit, as a adoptee I got to meet my birth father once in 1978 but at the time we could not be sure if he was for various reasons, he passed in 1991.  

In November of 2016 I found a lady to take a DNA test that was related to him and he came up as a match and then I matched another lady that matched also.  Our relationship is by my Grandfather and my Grandmother.