Sign in to follow this  
brown774

Door Adjustment

We have a 2007 Monaco Diplomat with a quirky entry door. It is getting harder to open and now requires almost the full throw of the door handle. I found some adjustment info on line but wonder if anyone knows of a video or a printed procedure to adjust.Thank you.

Bill,

We have a 2002 Dynasty and had the same problem with our door. Tried every thing but nothing worked. Then I went in behind the door panel. To get in behind the panel you must remove the inside door handle, the dead bolt and the outer door frame, just the one on the opposite side to the hinge. Then very gently pull the door panel out so you can see inside. There you will see a rod coming down from the handle. loosen the top nut about a turn and a half. Then tighten the bottom nut up. With a screw driver close the catch for the bottom strike bolt then pull the outside handle up. If the catch doesn't pop open then repeat with the top and bottom nuts again about another one and a half turns. then repeat testing the catch. On my coach it took about three tries before I got it right. Then reverse the process you used to get into the door.

Caution: Do Not Pull Too Hard On The Panel It i Thin And Can Break.

Good Luck,

Herman