mweiner

Are Class B's a good value? Niche market? Expensive for what you get?? Reason that there's less of them sold??

hermanmullins

This topic is now closed.

Message added by hermanmullins

Admittedly,  as a group,  Class B's are expensive for what you get....

Most of them, like my Roadtrek RS Adventurous are in excess of $125,000 to $150,000 brand new and even though I purchased it five years old, it was still with upgrades and maintenance close to $100,000... although, with upgrades I made, it might as well be a brand new coach. 

Airstream, Leisure Travel, Pleasure Way , Winnebago and Roadtrek build similar coaches with unique and compact features similarly found on Class A coaches... albeit on a smaller scale...All with beautifully finished interiors you might find on a much more expensive Class A...

It takes a lot of ingenuity, planning and design to squeeze all of this into impossibly small spaces.... that's partly what you're paying for....Miniaturization...  

And everything has to fit perfectly in its place for all of this to work...... 

Roadtrek has been building Class B's exclusively since 1974...yet, they only recently completed their 30,000 vehicle conversion at  the factory in Canada... 

SO, do you think this is WHY the market for Class B's is so limited compared to the ubiquitous Class C coaches... on the Ford and Check chassis selling for substantially less???

I've seen gasoline Class C coaches for one third the price of a brand new Class B on the Mercedes Benz platform... and they can sleep 4 or more people....

For $150,000 to $200,000 you can even get some larger Class A's... up from there to $ 500,000 or more.... They're certainly nice... but, it's hard for me to justify something that will ultimately be of no value in 20 to 25 years.... just me... sorry. 

When we decided to purchase an RV... I only wanted to get something that would be scaled for the two of us... but, when I tell people what I paid... they can't understand why we didn't get a lot more coach (size wise) for the money..... Don't know if they'll ever understand that...oh well...

Good evening, based on the numbers that you give it is the absolute worst value you could ever get. Why would you sink $150,000 in something that would depreciate faster  than a used camel in China  ...  furthermore, you’re going to spend more money on hotels and everything else with the crappy beds that are in them  and the fact that you can only take a shower for about two minutes before the water runs out. Then let’s put in the fact of disconnecting and reconnecting every time you decide to go to the store to get some bread because you can’t tell a dog on thing behind them.  I’ll sync 150 grand into a class all day and $2000 into a cheap towed before I buy one. That’s  just my opinion 

Absolutely, a Toad that you can eat at McDonalds and not have to race to the can cause there is one built in & you use less TP cause you can turn the shower on and rinse, just be careful not to hit the pulse button cause that ain't a rinse no more that's TV-MA action. 

I can see the title now, Tales from the shower ... unrated!

I would order one with, no shower, no stove, a microwave and small College Fridge, 4 Captain chairs and a sitting area in back, roof AC/Heat Strip and a combo Grey/Black tank...a bidet belongs in a 45'.

There's only one reason I seem to even have one if you're spending that kind of money, if I lived in a congested Inner City where camping for me is long trips to Grandma's house on a regular basis or if my job was in DC and I lived in Philadelphia. I would go down stay for a few days work and then come home.

If I lived in Baltimore but I was the local traveling Undertaker that went from Pittsburgh to Roanoke back to Baltimore and points in between. It would give me somewhere to lay my head and a Truck Stop and at least use a clean bathroom and shower. But if you're actually going to a campground to camp and you have a hundred and fifty Grand to blow on a coach, I say take 75 thousand of that and blow it on a decent used coach put the rest of your pocket, and pay a storage facility to store it.

I guess one could be used as a rolling brothel but even then with a Class A you could at least set up a counter where you could take Visa Mastercard American Express and discover, have a working cash register, and a waiting area for the next client for that kind of money.