jleamont

Water Pump Switch Add-on

I added another water pump switch to our lavatory room (toilet and sink). I wired it to the one in the hall vanity. While the switch and indicator light work, it has the same issue that the one in the hall sink has. 

When you press the button sometimes you have to press it several times for the pump to come on, both switches on this circuit do the same. All the while the other water pump switch in the galley doesn't have this problem. 

Is there a relay for each switch location or one pump relay typically? 

Before this I thought I had a switch going bad, after this I can't help but think there is a relay somewhere going bad. 

Photo of new switch below

IMG_4240.JPG

Thanks guys! Once I pull the coach from its winter home I will dig into this deeper. It's too close to the garage to open bay doors while in hibernation. 

Brett, from the wiring diagram below and the photo above of my coach it looks like the same controller in your link. From the schematic below I believe I have a ground problem. Ill Call Monaco today and see where the ground is located for this specific portion of the circuit, check it and clean it.

Capture.PNG

I have one in bedroom, bathroom and kitchen...touch pads!  I would think that the ground wire would be at the controller...mine looks just like yours, but mounted beside pump!  Both are on the wall, next to AH 450!

Forgot about that one, I also have one in the wet bay and the main panel with the genset controls, which come to think of it doesn't have a problem either, just the one's on the hall sink circuit. 

It didn't make sense to have switches near every faucet except one which happened to be across from the toilet, of all places that is where one needed to be.

Joe,

No I have only three switches. Under Bath Sink, under the Kitchen sink and one in the wet bay. I always turn the one in the wet bay off when filling the water tank. And then I forget to turn it back on when finished. Then I hear "HERMAN WE HAVE NO WATER! Opps,:wub:

Herman

Herman, glad to know I'm not the only one, I was starting to think this coach was miss built.

Haha, I get the same from my DW, mine knocks on the windows and talks like I can understand, so I move my mouth with no sound until she gets mad and opens the window  :lol:

Joe......since you mentioned doing this project it has mystified me too why they didn't put a pump switch in the toilet room.  We have 5 total switches.  Wet bay, toilet room, hallway sink, kitchen sink & one above the passenger seat in the control cabinet.

The one in overhead cabinet, but it's comes in handy when you're going down the road and realize you've forgotten to turn the water pump off.

Blake

The only conclusion I have is you walk past one no matter which way you go. The problem is when you get in there is when you remember you forgot to switch the pump on. I figured after 4 years if we didn't learn by now we weren't going to. 

That room needed some TLC anyway, wallpaper border was starting to peel and I'm going to refinish the wood near the toilet. The tile backsplash add on (another post) it will be refreshed.

Yes Carl....I called it wet bay above.  I think it's there so you can wash up using the wand and hot water.  I hardly ever use that one because I use nitrile gloves.

Blake, your right...missed it.  But why turn the pump off, when traveling "down the highway"?  I don't need it in the campground or at house, so I turn mine on for the trip!

I also turn on my pump when traveling or again I will hear that "Herman We Don't Have Any Water". I always turn off my pump when connected to the CG water. Lots of times tha CG pressure is vey good, but many times it is below the pump cut off pressure and the pump will run every time you use water and soon you will hear gurgeling because you have used up all the water in your tank. Off in the CG, "On" on the road.

Herman 

We turn ours on and off as needed while on the road, I worry a pipe will break and flood the coach, or basement.

We got into a habit of this when our washer/dryer would fill up while driving, every bump the water valve would add more water until it was leaking out of the unit, we didn't know there was a problem until the toilet flushed dry. I couldn't figure out where all the water went, here it all went into the washer/dryer and the bedroom carpet was wet :wacko:. That unit was removed and tossed into the trash but the potential of a problem still exists with all of the other stuff. I figured if something broke again I might not know it, until the coach is water logged.

Carl, I dunno.  Maybe I'm just picky about stuff like that.  Like a leaving a light on?

Hated our washer/dryer combo.  The bad thing is it was an option we paid for.  It's at the bottom of a popular lake around here now.

Blake