netcwby

2018 Cherokee Trailhawk Wobble?

Getting ready to buy a 2018 Cherokee Trailhawk.  I have been reading about issues with the "death wobble" on earlier models. Does anyone know if it is still an issue for 2018?  And, if it is what part or parts (part number) do I need to purchase/install to solve the issue?  Thanks!

Have the dealer write in sales agreement that they will make it good to tow and do what ever is needed  

Check the manual.  You can download it.    I believe you still have to pay for the wiring (that bypasses the ignition system when towing) and then you have to run power from your motorhome to the battery since it can run down in as few as 3 hours. 

Somewhere in the Chrysler organization there has to be someone that can be a contact person that customers, dealer sale people and service  folks can go to for answers. To all customers as far as I can tell only get their information from hearsay. Most dealers and their sales or service folks have in so many cases, no idea what an RV'er is talking about when asking about wobble and wiring harnesses.

Herman

This is John Johnston, associate editor at Family Motor Coaching magazine. The following information will be of interest to owners of Jeep Cherokee vehicles (model years 2014 to 2018) who need to obtain the Mopar Flat Tow Wiring Harness. The part is designed to prevent the Cherokee from wobbling when it is flat towed behind a motorhome. It must be installed by an authorized Jeep dealer.

Three Cherokee owners in different parts of the country recently contacted me and said they have had trouble finding a Jeep dealer who can obtain the wiring harness. One owner said he was told by Jeep Customer Service that there is a nationwide back order of 275 units and that the part will not be available until late spring or early summer. Another owner said his dealer told him that the part might not be available until July.

Fiat Chrysler has been vague, at best, about this issue. On Feb. 1, 2018, my Fiat Chrysler contact told me there is “adequate supply within the pipeline.” After I pointed out the problems the owners mentioned above were having, on Feb. 5, 2018, the same Fiat Chrysler spokesman told me: “Spoke with our folks at Mopar and there does seem to be some delay within the supply chain from the supplier itself.” I asked how long of a delay customers can expect. The response: “Long term, I can’t commit to any firm timeline.”

If you are trying to obtain the Mopar Flat Tow Wiring Kit from a dealer, this information may be helpful:

Part Number: 68321424AB

Technical Service Bulletin: #08-029-16 Rev A