Roadrunner2

Balance Beads In 22.5" tires

I had my new tiers balanced when they installed them. So far they are great. I think some of the problems come from using no method of balancing. I have heard some people only balance the front tires and don't do the back. Centramatics may be a way to go if you can't get them to balance any other way. 

Bill

Tried Centramatics on my DRW truck and it was no help.  Actually vibration was worse over 70 mph (not towing).  Took them off to get back to a smother ride.  It had been 5 months but they took them back.

Ken

Have the beads in current front tires - eight months and 6100 miles later no issues.  Have used centramatics on previous MDT truck with good results.  Would not hesitate to use centramitics again but beads are MUCH cheaper.

Lenp

DD69.  Good to hear back from you again about the beads.  Since your the test pigeon.  I'm having my seals/bearings checked, this Spring, so I might as well put in the beads at the same time...any particular brand to recommend and do you have them in all the wheels? 

We have used the beads, they work well for us. Only differece is when you check tire pressure, you have to Blow, check, Blow. to clear any beads from the valve stem.

We will do beads again when we buy tires.

If you use beads you MUST use new special valves that filter the air so beads do not come up the valve stem and block the valve core or ruin the TPM sensor.