jbsindorf@att.net

Water Heater Electrical Cartridge Replacement

I need to find a source for a replacement 110AVC cartridge for our RV water heater. The old cartridge was part of an aftermarket water heater kit (that was called the 'RV Super Saver') that I purchased in the '90s (probably at an FMCA rally). The company selling the kits was Goal Getters, Inc., located in Bothell, WA; they seem to be out of business. The info on the cartridge is: ARC Indiana, ARIB-347-1, 120VAC-575 W. The cartridge screws into the drain-plug hole of the water heater. A replacement cartridge would need to fit into an Atwood Water Heater, Model Number G6A-8E. The name of a source for a replacement cartridge - only - would be appreciated. The best I've been able to find are complete kits for over $120 (not worth it for my situation).

Suggestion - toddle down to the local Home D'po and show the old one to the 19 yr old expert in Electrical or plumbing Impress upon this dude that you need a 120Volt heater to match. NOT A 220V! You should be out of there in 20 minutes with the right part. Just about every tank heater has the same threads, but compare them and the length anyway.

Call camping world at 1-888-626-7576 and ask for a ''Hotrod'' for your water heater. They have them for about one hundred bucks.

Seajay the sailor man

P.S. If you use this information you will have to pay me ten cents and you must pay me the next time you see me.

If it doesn't work for you ... I NEVER KNEW YOU ... LOL