wlammers

Pleated Windshield Curtains - How To Clean

Are there FMCA members who have had experience with cleaning pleated windshield curtains?

Ours are vertical pleats and are beginning to be a bit grubby on the bottom (dash) end.

Looking forward to suggestions or ideas.

Thanks.

Our curtains were washed, once all the clips were removed, in gentle cycle, cold water, regular laundry soap (Tide) and then hung on a line to dry. Once dry, the pleats were touched up with an iron. They are good as new. Of note, I would suggest you clean and lubricate any track mechanism the curtains glide on. Hope this helps.

Our coach has what looks like a rubber backing on curtains. We were told by local dry cleaning establishment in our town that fabric is not washable. Monoco says you cannot wash or dry clean. I would think most, if not all curtains would be the same with a heavy backing.

We have a Beaver Patriot coach.

I am putting this out here for input if anybody would like to comment I would appreciate it.

Ours needed cleaning when we bought this coach a year ago (1998 Beaver Contessa), so to the bulk laundry it went, hung so the pleats would be preserved, then back up and it looks like new.

PHY0749. The only thing that I can suggest is to wash them with cool water on a gentle cycle and a mild soap.

The soap will dry out the backing, so go light on it. Then just hang them out to dry. The drier heat will also break down the backing.

Can not think of any other way to clean them.

The u/v light from the sun takes a toll on them also and I'm thinking that the coach builders anticipate the owners will replace them rather then clean them.

Rich.