mweiner

How many of you store your rig in a temperature controlled environment?

Oh, HMMM sorry to hear that....xoxo hope law enforcement caught up to them :ph34r:. I didn't mean good as glad it happened, I meant good I'm not seeking out employment there, but who knows....right job ....I'm sweating :lol:

Wayne, looking into TX but not coastal, too much humidity, but employment will dictate that in 3 years.

I share a 30 x 50 Steelmaster building with my neighbor. We wish we had built 40 x 60 but we get by. Cost about $13,000.  We both have 50A. Electric is our only cost.

6 hours ago, jleamont said:

Oh, HMMM sorry to hear that....xoxo hope law enforcement caught up to them :ph34r:. I didn't mean good as glad it happened, I meant good I'm not seeking out employment there, but who knows....right job ....I'm sweating.

That is about the most convoluted rambling I've heard recently. Come on down, you'll fit in just fine. 

FYI, the humidity is always low in the Big Bend area but unless you want to be an oarsman on a float trip down the Rio Grande, there aren't many jobs. 

6 hours ago, ChewBear said:

I share a 30 x 50 Steelmaster building with my neighbor. We wish we had built 40 x 60 but we get by. Cost about $13,000.  We both have 50A. Electric is our only cost.

After I built my building I learned to always build it at least 25% bigger than you think you'll ever need. I built t for my motorhome and pickup. Didn't know about the Jeep, golf cart and side by side I was going to buy. 

I tried to make my response entertaining  :D. I thought you were near Dickinson? Isn't it humid over in that area?

I was looking NE of Dallas, near Herman. But ultimately work will dictate that.

Wayne is over near Dickinson and yes, you need gills to handle the humidity. :P  We are in the Texas Hill Country, about 40 miles south of Carl. Where Herman lives makes him dang near a yankee.

Herman is North of I-30, that alone makes him a re located Texan into Yankee Territory! :P WBill is a re located Yankee and still one! :lol::lol:  Joe, just buy south of I-20 and you'll be Texan!  South of DFW area, is nice open country to live in...even if you work in DFW! :D

Crime you get anywhere in the World these days.  Dickinson, Texas or DFW or Lancaster, PA.  it's all the same! :angry: 

5 hours ago, jleamont said:

I tried to make my response entertaining  :D. I thought you were near Dickinson? Isn't it humid over in that area?

I was looking NE of Dallas, near Herman. But ultimately work will dictate that.

I thought it was entertaining - therefore my post.

Storing NE of Dallas you will need a burner in the shed to keep the freeze off. 

Storing here in this area you will not have to worry about freezing, but maybe just overnight for a little while.

You get used to the humidity. Sweat keeps you cool.

Joe.  Sweat is good for a lot of things, besides keeping you cool.  Taking multiple showers per day, Taking coach out of garage to work on it.  Also, it keeps you communicating with a higher being, daily talking about colder weather.  :lol:

Are there any other bases that need to be covered on this post?

48 minutes ago, manholt said:

Are there any other bases that need to be covered on this post?

Only if you want to contribute to the original topic regarding storage.:o

JIm, he just doesn't understand.  Maybe I can help.  Little quips in posts are okay but you have to intersperse the original topic inside the post...like this:

I store mine in a storage facility that is covered top only.  It's about $150 a month and has 110V electric. Can't run much off of 110 but it keeps the inverter going and therefore keeps the batteries charged.

We also visit it periodically to give it a check over.  Every once in a while, with time being when we think of it, I'll take it out for a 20-25 mile run and exercise everything.

--------
See! Brett's not mad at me now.

Joe/ You will still be a young guy as you look for proper storage for your coach. Job opportunities in the fourth largest  metro area (Houston Texas) will probably give you the ability to store your RV under shelter and out of the flood plain. If you desire lower humidity and less mold, consider the DFW area in your search for the perfect storage facility. Good luck.

Oh! By the way. RV owners in the Amarillo area store there units in non temp controlled  facilities that have an aluminum awning  over the unit. The humidity is quite low there so there is no worry about mold or algae. Some car dealers park there inventory under shelter. Oh? Forgot! Hail Storms can be a problem there. Tons of big rigs trucks run through Amarillo in both directions every day. Gotta be a way with your skills to find employment, and you would be very close to Colorado and northern New Mexico in your attempt to find perfect conditions for RV storage. 

I store my coach indoors by means of a 60' x 100' commercial grade building with concrete foundation that I have a long term lease on. The building is located within an industrial complex that is both gated and has security cameras and while not being mechanically climate controlled it is well insulated and has exhaust fans in it. The building is approx. 10 miles from our S&B home but also accommodates more than just my motorhome. It also has water & 50-Amp hook-up I installed in it so my coach stays plugged in at all times when in storage. 

Ours is stored indoors. They don't run the ac, I think but i it gets real cold they have huge units on the ceiling to fire up.

The building is large, so heat sink, in all the concrete and mhs keep it from getting below freezing, I think. I haven't discussed it with them latey.

W don't have to savor the flavor of anti freeze for a few days when we first take it out either.

Biggest advantage and necessity for us is protecting the whoe mh from the elements.

At our age etc we are just not up to the task.

No rodents or bugs neither, except a couple of spiders, who it seems hatch out of thin air.

We could afford another boat on what it costs, but we have to protect the investment.

If the market goes up, we have discussed building an insulated garage, with full hookups that would blend into the woods cove and lawn, aesthetically.

When we bought our farm there was a mobile home on it. So the first thing i built was a 40' X 50'  Barn (Garage) with two 10' X 16'  and one 16' X 10' overhead doors. We insulated the entire building. One we need it for Storage and two it stopped the monthly cost of storage. The facility we were in was covered but it was opened to the West sun that can be really hot in the summer here. We had 110 volt power on a 15 amp breaker that popped all the time. Couldn't get Doug to change the breaker, he said it was my fault that it continued to pop. We now have 50 amp with water and sewer. 

This week when it was in the low to mid 20's the temp inside didn't go below 48 degrees. Haven't had to winterize the coach in 7 years. As the old slogan goes, "Oh what a relief it is".

So to answer Mark's question, we store inside but not climitized, not needed here. 

Herman

We also store indoors when we are not on the road.   60' x 120' commercial building with concrete floor and 110 volt power to keep charged.  During the winter I am going to be down south in a warm area.

On 2/10/2018 at 6:09 PM, desertdeals69 said:

I choose to live in a "temp controlled climate" in Arizona and my coach is in the garage.

X2 and I have a swamp cooler in the garage that keeps the high temp at least 10 degrees cooler than outside.

We have enough winter  it is necessary to winterize if exposed.

We bought our coach in early 2011, and paid $200+elect, a month to store in a 15 x 50  insulated, secured building that was within 1 mile of our house.  Tho not heated, with 50a elect we, we were able to maintain enough heat to keep from having to winterize the coach. Three years ago we build a 25 x 50, metal, foam insulated and heated added on to our business location, with both water and sewer dump inside.  We have an exhaust fan that allows the AC to be run in the enclosed building if needed in summer.  And an external TV antenna.  About $20k.