Sign in to follow this  
skykingtcb

New Paint

Hello everyone, 

I just got home with my purchase of a 2003 Monaco Diplomat 40 DST. On our trip noticing newer coaches paint jobs.  I am interested in repainting ours. I realize it won't be cheap but we got pre def,  low miles coach.

Has anyone ever done a complete paint job and where? Please put any pics or new paint.

Thank you for reading

Skyking,

Welcome to the Forum.

Let us know what part of this wonderful country you are located. There are a number of excellent shops that do good work all over.

In my area there are two that come to mind. and the are both in Nacogdoches, Texas. Xtreme Graphics and Foretravel. In fact James Stallings owner of Xtreme was the lead painter at Foretravel . Both great companies and great people. And you are correct $$$.

Herman  

On the back pages of the FMCA Magazine, you will find advertising for paint and remodel on coaches.  CA and AZ.

I spoke with James Stalling last October, between him and others, I came up with a $1,000 a foot average and that's 3 colors.  So, on yours $40K to $60K depending on paint design and how intricate it is!

You probably could find cheaper cost per foot as there are a lot of Mexican paint shops in both CA. & AZ. and some do fantastic work on cars...coach's?

Good Luck and enjoy your travels!

4 hours ago, Skykingtcb said:

I currently live in Madera CA relocating to AZ but will travel for paint work to anywhere

I live in Lk Havasu City, Az and have traveled to Bremen In to Mike's Custom Painting for two full body paint jobs.  Worth the trip.

Mike used to paint Newmars and other mfg coaches in the area long before it before it became popular enough so that the mfg put in their own paint booths.

He still does a lot of paint jobs for smaller manufacturers.

2 hours ago, manholt said:

I spoke with James Stalling last October, between him and others, I came up with a $1,000 a foot average and that's 3 colors.  So, on yours $40K to $60K depending on paint design and how intricate it is!

Dang... I got out of the paint and body business too soon. I've always heard numbers closer to the $20,000 range from the shops in Indiana.

1 hour ago, elkhartjim said:

Dang... I got out of the paint and body business too soon. I've always heard numbers closer to the $20,000 range from the shops in Indiana.

Mine was painted last year at Mike's for $14k.  I have a 36 ft Fleetwood Discovery which was done in 4 colors.  My previous coach was done 5 years earlier and the paint was still perfect when I sold it.

Jim S.

When Linda and I was in Indiana last summer, we too found that the shops there (in the Decatur to Bremen area), was a lot cheaper than the norm!  Makes sense, 90% of RV's are built there.

DD69.  You need to get in touch with Bill Adams, he's been searching to find a place to have his 40' XL Prevost painted, only top half of coach, but they want full coach price!  Around $35K for 2 colors!  Is that because of the name (Prevost), hummm?