norm49

Heated Tile Floors/ AGM Batteries As Options

Howdy,

I'm in the process of ordering a new class A. One of the options I'm considering is heated tile floors. The other is upgraded house batteries to AGMs for an extra $1800.  Anyone have an opinion on either or both of these options? Positive or negative.

Thanks,

Norm

Hi Norm, Welcome!

I got both.  Did not think I needed heated tiles in Texas and the other Southeast and Southwest states...glad I got them!  Also wish I had them in my beach house..

AGM's, I have 10.  2 for chassis and 8 for house.  You pay more for them, but you don't have to check the water level and they should be good for 7-9 years! :wub:

What are you buying?

DFW.  Has not been any warmer that in Burnet, TX.  Been at this ranch since December, we ran away to the Camp in Three Rivers for a week in January and it snowed more there than in Burnet, when we left.  Yes Sir, you do need heated tiles in the Bus.  Just surprised that it and AGM is an option...I had a 2011 AB and it was part of the package deal...speaking of deal. If you don't get a minimum of 30% off on MSRP...Walk away!

I got my first class A in 1967! On my 17th now.

1 hour ago, Norm49 said:

Thanks for the advice. I too live in Texas, DFW area. Tiffin Allegro Bus. 

Congratulations, it sounds like exciting times. Do you have a RV now or what level of experience do you have? 

Bill

Get the heated floors and the AGMs.  Those floors really get cold in the spring and fall, and this past Jan we turned them on and left them on.  Makes a big difference when it's high teens and windy.  Like Carl, I have 2 AGMs for the chassis and 8 for the house.  The only thing you need to check is to be sure they are still there.:D

X2 on the advice you have gotten in previous posts. The AGM batteries have

many advantages over flooded cells. Other than zero maintenance, the fact

that they do not outgas toxic fumes in the batter compartment, and thus

eliminate the corrosion you often see on cables, connections and the

metal walls and floors of the compartment, is a great feature.

Yeah, you're gonna hear from the cheapskates on this issue as well.

A lot of us believe that "you get what you pay" for in the long run......