tireman9

Individual Wheel Position Weights At Area Rallies?

I understand that some area rallies have people who provide individual tire position weights. At Int'l conventions RVSEF offers that service but if there are other companies I would be interested in developing a list for my RV Tire Blog and for the Tire thread on the Tech forum here.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

PS If you are going to Perry or Gillette this Summer stop in at one of my seminars and say HI.

That's what I plan on doing, before going to Gillette.  Lake Livingston, Texas.

I thought I was set up at Perry, 2 years ago...nobody came for me.  Then again at the Summer Convention, no problem they said, got there and was told they overbooked, sorry about that.  Same happened in Chandler and Indy.  So, I called Escapees...I'm a member and told them what my schedule was...as long as I give them a 3 day heads up, we will finally get it done!

There are things that FMCA needs to improve on and this area is one of them....By the way, I did get my money back!

Of course, it had nothing to do about $$$ or designated site, or tying up the flow of traffic, when coaches  was leaving? 

I don’t believe those are the reasons. I have had our coach weighed br RVIA and was weighed in less than 10 minutes wait time and blocking of traffic. 

On 2/16/2018 at 5:47 PM, manholt said:

That's what I plan on doing, before going to Gillette.  Lake Livingston, Texas.

I thought I was set up at Perry, 2 years ago...nobody came for me.  Then again at the Summer Convention, no problem they said, got there and was told they overbooked, sorry about that.  Same happened in Chandler and Indy.  So, I called Escapees...I'm a member and told them what my schedule was...as long as I give them a 3 day heads up, we will finally get it done!

There are things that FMCA needs to improve on and this area is one of them....By the way, I did get my money back!

We had our coach weighed when we attended the Perry Rally 2 years ago.  The instructions had everyone going to another site on the departure day where there was no traffic and I thought the operation went very smoothly.

I have a number of blog posts that mention "Corner" weights HERE

HERE is a link to a worksheet on how to do the calculations once you get on a scale.

THIS web site has info on where you can find truck scales. While it is a 5th wheel site the info is still valuable.

If you are ever traveling on I76 East of Akron OH Here is a small company that has a scale and will allow one side of an axle weighing. You will need to drop your toad as the exit turn is sharp. Call 330.633.3282  first.

You can GPS  50 Southeast Ave, Tallmadge, OH or use N41° 05.985' W81° 26.328'.   2.4 mi off Exit 29 of I-76

NOTE  I-76  Exit #29 has Summit Racing for the car enthusiast.