I have a friend looking at a B and he has some questions.

When you are on the road do you try to stay at places that cater to B type coaches? Places with compact smaller spaces?

Bill

29 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

One should ask for 75% discount since it's only 25% of a class A. Especially since it is all about economics.

Now I was thinking perhaps a smaller campsite like a tent site that wasn't on a platform or in grass. That would save a good amount of money other than the 20 amp electric would be a hurdle to overcome, maybe you could run the AC off of that, start up might trip the breaker. 

Joe.  Not sure, but I think they have the 9,300 AC and Heat Strip...the HS might be a problem.  I was thinking 3 to a site, here in Texas that would avg. $12 a night or $6 in Passport America!

Linda was looking at a Ram Class B today!  I asked why? She said that it's just a little bigger than her current toad (2014 Ford Expedition EL) and would make a great day tripper and could haul my Jeep to places with limited parking! :D Nice thought, we could clean up from 4 wheeling, change clothes before heading back to RV park! :)  She was serious!

52 minutes ago, jleamont said:

Now I was thinking perhaps a smaller campsite like a tent site that wasn't on a platform or in grass. That would save a good amount of money other than the 20 amp electric would be a hurdle to overcome, maybe you could run the AC off of that, start up might trip the breaker. 

I would think the small AC unites some ware around 9,300 AC would put less strain/load on the system and use less electricity. Not like a big buss with 4 15,000 BTU units. 

Bill

Weird it popped this out of the history of the editor but couldn't delete it all.

Carl I am trying to receive the great wisdom of the wiener. 

What other little friend do I need.B)

Joe.  You forget, Linda has her own DP 40'...we both, do not wish to blow over the 65 foot combo length.

A truck hauling a 5'er or TT, hauling a toad is legal...but a coach hauling more than 1 is not...go figure!

Right now, we are both in the same RV Park!  Tuesday morning Linda takes her coach to get the CAT and Generator serviced...I will be driving back to Burnet and she will follow me the next day.  I have my second knee injection Wed. or I would have waited here for her, at the Gladewater, TX. Ranch!  Gosh Darn it's getting colder 55!  Be 45/50 tomorrow and rain!  Last year we where here at the same time of Feb. it was 80/60 and sunny!

Bill.  Is your friend on the Forum or are you hoping for a B or small C to chime in?

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Right now, we are both in the same RV Park!  Tuesday morning Linda takes her coach to get the CAT and Generator serviced...I will be driving back to Burnet and she will follow me the next day.  I have my second knee injection Wed. or I would have waited here for her, at the Gladewater, TX. Ranch!  Gosh Darn it's getting colder 55!  Be 45/50 tomorrow and rain!  Last year we where here at the same time of Feb. it was 80/60 and sunny!

Bill.  Is your friend on the Forum or are you hoping for a B or small C to chime in?

No, my friend is not on the forum. He is older and hates computers. So I thought I would ask for him. 

Bill