Hi all, I am tiered of getting oil everywhere when filling my 02 Journey up with oil after oil change. Freightliner uses a aprox. 1.5"-2" fill tube which is placed in such a manor that it takes all day to get one gallon in the engine, and it is near impossible to get funnel into it to refill the engine. Has anyone out there developed a nice neat clean way to refill your engine oil. Or know of a gadget that would make this job a little cleaner.

12 minutes ago, rlbarkleyii said:

Has anyone out there developed a nice neat clean way to refill your engine oil. Or know of a gadget that would make this job a little cleaner.

Umm Humm cause mine is a pain in the butt too. 

https://www.amazon.com/Shoreline-Marine-Oil-Changer-Volts/dp/B004UOU6L0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1518847815&sr=8-4&keywords=boat+oil+pump

Works like a Charm. Suck oil out of the bottle right in the spout!

I bought a plastic screw fitting that screws on the gallon jug and has a twist valve that opens and closes.  On the end I have a 5/8 inch hose about 6 inches long.  Insert the hose in the filler tube and open the valve and tip the jug up.

If you have an old pump up sprayer try cutting off the spray tip and put a small bit of oil in it. and see if it will push the oil out. I use one filled with Distilled water for my Batteries and it works fine. But I don't know if the viscosity of the oil would be too thick for the pump to handle. 

Herman

I use one of these and straight into the valve cover. We have a side radiator that might be the reason of ease.

Keon's recommendation sounds like a winner!

IMG_4297.JPG