eric@babin.com

SLIDE OUT - MAGNET ?

I've got a 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36U.

Under our tilt-a-bed there is a magnet next to a small thin black plastic device that has 2 wires running in (my guess is one is running "in" and one is running "out".... both wires are black)

If this magnet gets bumped (very rare, but it happens) then the slide out will not operate until I move the magnet around to find the sweet spot once again.    Right now it's working fine.... but, I am curious.......

What the heck is that magnet for?

Is it possible to bypass that magnet?   Maybe cut the two wires and connect them together?  I assume the magnet closes some sort of circuit for those two wires..... so if I were to permanently close that circuit I'd never have a magnet issue again?

It must be some sort of safety feature.... but, I don't like it....

I'd include a picture but it's under the tilt-a-bed and a pain to get to.

My guess would be that it opens and closes a relay.  Wacko!  New idea for me.  I would call Fleetwood Tech Dept. tomorrow or today, if they have a 24hr. # anymore!

It is a poorly designed system to prevent you from retracting the slide out unless the bed is fully up.  I had to bypass the magnetic switch to be able to drive the coach to the dealer for repair.  If you take the switch out, it will be on you to remember to make sure the bed is fully up, before bringing the slide in (crush damage).

37 minutes ago, marktaylorjets said:

It is a poorly designed system to prevent you from retracting the slide out unless the bed is fully up.  I had to bypass the magnetic switch to be able to drive the coach to the dealer for repair.  If you take the switch out, it will be on you to remember to make sure the bed is fully up, before bringing the slide in (crush damage).

^^  How did you bypass that switch?  Simply splice the two wires together that go into the little black thingy?  (cut, and spice together?)

Yes, you can do that... but a more simple way is to take the magnet off the wood frame and tape it securely to the black switch.  Then, secure the assembly and wires so it will not interfere with bed movement.