elcopeland2017

Recommendation for Campgrounds in SC

EL,

Welcome to the Forum,

Are you by some chance going to the FMCA Convention (Rally) in Perry? We will be having a Forum Social On Friday the 16th at 5:30 in Seminar Room 4.

Sorry I am not familiar with SC.

Herman

El

Not sure where you are heading in SC but if you are planning to visit Myrtle Beach,I have stayed at Pirateland Family Campground and Lakewood RV Resort. They both offer ocean front sites. I have stayed at both of them several times and enjoyed it every time

Phil

23 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

EL,

Welcome to the Forum,

Are you by some chance going to the FMCA Convention (Rally) in Perry? We will be having a Forum Social On Friday the 16th at 5:30 in Seminar Room 4.

Sorry I am not familiar with SC.

Herman

Thank you.  We won't be able to make it to Perry but we appreciate the invite.  Plan to attend a future rally though.

23 hours ago, Philc said:

El

Not sure where you are heading in SC but if you are planning to visit Myrtle Beach,I have stayed at Pirateland Family Campground and Lakewood RV Resort. They both offer ocean front sites. I have stayed at both of them several times and enjoyed it every time

Phil

23 hours ago, Philc said:

Thanks Phil.  Are both of them big rig friendly?

EL

They are both big rig friendly. The one time I stayed at Lakewood Campground it was for bike week. I had my 40’DP and 14’ closed trailer on my site. 

Phil

Oceanlakes in Myrtle beach is on the top of our list.  Big rig friendly, private beach and access, short stroll from our RV..

www.oceanlakes.com

56 minutes ago, Philc said:

EL

They are both big rig friendly. The one time I stayed at Lakewood Campground it was for bike week. I had my 40’DP and 14’ closed trailer on my site. 

Phil

thanks!

37 minutes ago, IanBullock said:

Oceanlakes in Myrtle beach is on the top of our list.  Big rig friendly, private beach and access, short stroll from our RV..

www.oceanlakes.com

thank you.

You may be on your way by now but we loved the KOA in Mt Pleasant, SC. Minutes from Charleston and beaches to get your feet wet. We drove our 41 foot DP and a toad and had plenty of room. They also have a very large lake on site. We’re going back soon! 

Oceanlakes or KOA, one on beach, the other across the main drag.  Both have lots of Big Rig, pull thru sites.  As you see under my name, 45 foot + toad.  Last time a friend was with us, in a custom 48 foot 5th wheel & had no problem!