Bswdds

Storing 2015 DS 6h/d power

Newbie storing 2015 DS in garage for 1st time.  Garage has 20 A power on for 6h/d.  Not sure if I should place coach batteries switch in disconnect and turn inverter on or off?

Bsw,

Welcome to the Forum. I for one keep our coach plugged in while in storage (which isn't too often). For me it keeps all the batteries charged and the fridge cold and ready to go.

Help me out thought, I am not familiar with a 2015 DS.

Herman 

Bswdds,

Yes, welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Please tell us what inverter/CHARGER you have.  That will facilitate much more accurate replies.

I guess 6h/d means 6 hours a day? Why don’t you just leave it on 24/7 and not worry about whether the batteries are charged enough.

On our Phaeton we could turn off the inverter but batteries still would be charged. There was a seperate charger for the chassis batteries as well.

5 hours ago, Bswdds said:

Newbie storing 2015 DS in garage for 1st time.  Garage has 20 A power on for 6h/d.  Not sure if I should place coach batteries switch in disconnect and turn inverter on or off?

Welcome to the forum. Why do you only have power for 6h/d? I assume that's 6hours a day. Help us out hear please put your coach and info in your signature. See Brett's as a example. 

With out more info I can't do anything but guess. I would like to say 6 hours would be enough to keep the battery's up if they were up to start with. Have you checked to see if your charger is working with the inverter off? Have you checked to see f your battery's are getting a charge when turned off?

Let us know

By the way what is a 2015 DS? :o

Bill

It is a Dutch Star and I say that because he has posted the exact question in the Newmar section on iRV2. Most Dutch Star owners refer to it asa DSDP, Dutch Star Diesel Pusher. Most refer to our Ventana as a VTDP., it's a Newmar thing I guess. 

Jim S.  So, did OP get the answer he needed from IRV2 or is this a new question?  I would think Newmar Tech Dept. would be the place to go!

Place battery disconnect switch off, inverter off, charger on, set Magnum controller to 20amps. If you want to add suspenders to your belt, set your AGM to start the genset at low voltage. 

1 hour ago, elkhartjim said:

Place battery disconnect switch off, inverter off, charger on, set Magnum controller to 20amps. If you want to add suspenders to your belt, set your AGM to start the genset at low voltage. 

I would set the Magnum controller to 15 amp draw so to have a little cushion.  Not all breakers will handle the rated load.

11 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

You Newmar guys and your toys. :o :P I thought it might be something but with all the new stuff on the forum I wasn't shure. 

Bill

Yeah and I have a beep beep beeper when I back up, so there. :P

I hate the beeper! It's off on mine...DD69 is correct, set magnum to 15A! 

WBill.  FIVE and I have American Coach! :o  It's a big coach thing.  When you upgrade (you almost did in 2017 at MH of Texas) you get these wonderful benefits to go along with the added squirrel's! :lol:

I love my beeper. I didn't realize how many friends I would make with it. When I recently left a campground early one morning, I had to back up a few times to get out of a tight space and every time my beeper came on people looked out their windows waving and shouting. I even had one man run out in his sleepwear to give me a friendly salute. It's a real ice breaker when arriving late at night or when leaving at the crack of dawn. You meet so many nice people when you have a beeper; it's just strange they often appear to be angry but I'm sure its only because they are jealous they don't have a beeper.

For those without beepers, you can still have envious neighbors, every time you put the coach into reverse, remember three long blasts with the air horn, for safety sake.:ph34r:

I have three on mine, one on each side and a back up alarm! Every time I put the turn signals on that specific side beeps, wow does that get annoying driving down the road changing lanes, when your foot is on the brake the side ones cancel so you get to keep your sanity at a traffic light. On a good note there is a cancel switch on the dash which I use when backing into a site so I can hear the DW talking in the microphone.

15 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

For those without beepers, you can still have envious neighbors, every time you put the coach into reverse, remember three long blasts with the air horn, for safety sake.:ph34r:

:lol:

What I always found interesting with Newmar was the slides talk to you when you press the button to deploy them, first one we looked at I got to laughing.

4 minutes ago, elkhartjim said:

Uh oh....I missed that option, Joe. On occasions I do hear various voices in my head however. 

It must be on older models, we were only shopping 2005 and older. You ever ride the monorail at Disney? it was kind of like that :lol:

LMAO, good one Kay! :lol:

Joe, you get the same experience at major airports, world wide!  They are free!

Jim S.  Your not alone! :blink:

11 hours ago, manholt said:

I hate the beeper! It's off on mine...DD69 is correct, set magnum to 15A! 

WBill.  FIVE and I have American Coach! :o  It's a big coach thing.  When you upgrade (you almost did in 2017 at MH of Texas) you get these wonderful benefits to go along with the added squirrel's! :lol:

Now I am starting to see all the fun I am missing. 

I am awfully glad MH of T sold that old Newell of Rusty Wallace's But it was older and might not have all the bells and back up horns.

I could still keep it plugged in 6 hr. a day. But I would need to add a timer as I have 50A at the ranch.

I wish the op would come back and talk to us about his new coach.

Bill