hayesfamily

Masseys landing RV Resort

So this is a quick post about Masseys landing resort in Millsboro Delaware.  The resort sits right on the Indian river and  has its own beach, beautiful swimming pool, bar in the swimming pool,  and awesome tiki bar, a dog beach, plenty of sand,  they cut rate on property, several restaurants,  and did I mention enough booze to get a Philistine drunk. 

The only drawback to it and I think Joe can comment on this as well, there’s nothing Close to it meaning if you want to go to Rehobeth beach or do we beach or even get some pizza you’re gonna have to get back to the beaten path. Anywhere you go outside of the resort for recreation is every bit of a 30 minute drive. To get to the outlets 30 minutes, to get to Dewey Beach about 45 minutes, Rehobeth beach is about 35 minutes, and Lewes Delaware is about 45 minutes  The local undertaker shop is about 25 minutes  unless I happen to be camping beside you and then I’m just seconds away. 

If I’m not mistaken Joe never left the resort and everybody seem to be well pleased. I do have to venture off the property because someone forgot to pack the dog food and the DW found out that there was an outlet mall so I Found myself praying to God that he shut down the Internet so we would come back home with gas money.

The only other drawback is the price, last year we stayed it was like $80 a night but now for the same weekend is looking like it’s going to be $120 a night and I’m not sure if they’re going to run a special or do something to attract people from last year but the cost plus the The fee that we pay to get into the crab feast may or may not be worth the effort. I think I can buy crabs and we just go hang out somewhere else a lot cheaper nevertheless, that doesn’t mean don’t go it just means understand before you get there if you want to put some money out that’s all.

Here are a few pics that we took of the campsite and one of the beach

0922171603b.jpg

0922171604.jpg

0922171611a-EFFECTS.jpg

And here's my contribution, photo from a bar stool :lol: oh and one from my morning walk with my coffee. 

Keons post covered it all. Very nice but expensive.

IMG_4309.JPG

IMG_4308.JPG

1 hour ago, HayesFamily said:

That Aint no Coffee!

:lol: yea and if I remember correctly you were sitting to my left :D, good times!!

Thats How I know that Aint coffee ... Cause I had one too!!!!

WE had a good time that weekend. Crabs were OK, the rest of the food was questionable at best. 

Keon.  That's a nice looking rig you got.  also, looks like a lot of room between RV's!  (PC Correct).  As for the rest, I'm not big on blowing sand, sand fleas or sand fly's! :blink:

13 minutes ago, manholt said:

Keon.  That's a nice looking rig you got.  also, looks like a lot of room between RV's!  (PC Correct).  As for the rest, I'm not big on blowing sand, sand fleas or sand fly's! :blink:

Why thank you kind sir!

The room was not State Park space, but it wasn't as tight as Disney's Fort Wilderness ... which by the way I wont go back to anytime soon, Even if its Free. 

There was a bunch of sand but its beach front so ... cant have a beach with out the sand. I just wish the people that were with me learned to take shoes off BEFORE getting in the coach. Unfortunately you cant yell at your mother, and she wouldn't let me yell at the kids, and the DW just ignores me. Go Figure! This is why I spend most of my camping time outside by the fire ...shaking my head cause I subject myself to the rigors of showing my family something different than the concrete jungle of Baltimore!

In closing Mr. Manholt, This is why Man invented Beer! AND Masseys has plenty of it everywhere!  You don't have to wine and dine a beer but I do the DW --- It comes in multiples of 6, Beer doesn't pout, If you mention a "three-hundred-fifty cubic-inch V8" around a beer, it won't think you're talking about an enormous can of vegetable juice, A beer is always ready to leave on time, Beer doesn't demand equality and MOST IMPORTANTLY a beer DONT CARE if I sit around and watch baseball all day. After all A beer doesn't think baseball is stupid simply because the guys spit.

If you have ever met my babies, the Wife, and my mother you'll understand whyI love them AND Beer is my best friend at the campground! And if you ever met my Mother "OUT" Law you'll understand why i am always camping and never available for her to ask me ANYTHING!

Keon --

I don't want totally  de-rail the topic of your thread, but I do want to ask about your "normal" use of your awing which looks to be a manually operated Dometic awning similar to the one I have.   In your resort and profile photos you have the support arms detached from the side of your motorhome and have them resting on the ground and secured with a tent stake.   When I tailgate at LSU football games, I have typically kept the support arms attached to the wall so that in case of surprise thunderstorm or sudden high wind event it takes less time to retract the awning.  Placing the support arms on the ground would eliminate the "head knocker" created leaving the arms attached to the wall.

Do you routinely place the support arms on the ground?  Does it take long to re-attach the support arms to the wall if you have to quickly roll-up the awning for a approaching storm?

Thanks for your and the forum's thoughts!

Mike, Our last coach kept having problems with the clamps and wall when left hooked to the side walls (21' awning, pretty heavy). I called Dometic, they told me that the best practice was to unhook them and put them on the ground, thus taking the load off the side wall and the wall clamps. I broke many leg feet, wall clamps, one time sheared the bolts off the wall, the awning fell and the clamp scratched the wall pretty bad.

When the awning is closed it actually rests on the top mounts into a grove, the wall mount clamps are just to hold the legs to the side wall, not carry the load for an extended amount of time.

They only take a few seconds to clamp and un-clamp. Little longer when you have to pound tent stakes into the ground, but you don't want them standing up loose without ground securement.

On 2/22/2018 at 1:33 PM, fagnaml said:

Do you routinely place the support arms on the ground?  Does it take long to re-attach the support arms to the wall if you have to quickly roll-up the awning for a approaching storm?

Thanks for your and the forum's thoughts!

Typically I always put my legs down when I have my awning out because the stress that it puts on the side wall of the coach can be detrimental as Joe has already pointed out. If you read the documentation that comes with it they do tell you to pull them off the wall.  I can typically get my awning back up and out-of-the-way in about six minutes. I’ve been through a few storms with the awning out and if you supported appropriately and put the anti-flat straps on it can usually handle 30 mile an hour winds. Too much more than a regular summer storm like if they’re predicting 50 and 60 mile an hour winds I just won’t pull it out.