dbenoit

"Cabin Fever" Thread

Glad this thread got some action. So just as I was calming down from cabin fever, this guy calls me up and says he just bought our trade in.

Hopefully he joins if not already. He sounds like a really nice guy, but anyways that got me going again but even worse than before. Now I'm looking to not only take the cover

off the RV but the boat as well. Plus it's like 62 here today. So I just flapping my gums. Good thing we got a nort easta a coming to settle me down.

David

Batten down the hatches Dave we’re in for another blow but this is the northeast norm is it gets just warm enough to get your hopes up then WAM 

We have had so much rain here that when I was at Lowe's just the other day, I saw a man with long hair, a beard and wearing a robe, trying to buy lumber in cubic lengths. :D

Herman

13 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

We have had so much rain here that when I was at Lowe's just the other day, I saw a man with long hair, a beard and wearing a robe, trying to buy lumber in cubic lengths. :D

Herman

:lol:, took me a second but :lol:

50 to 60 MPH winds off water for 3high tide cycles PISSER we’re about 20 miles south of Boston they are saying rain heredon’t know how far north Dave is but hope he didn’t put his shovel away yet

It is 10:30 p.m., with clear skies and a full moon. The present temperature is 72˚.

Still cabin fever but we depart Saturday for points east as far as P'Cola, FL.

Anyone want to tag along.

We depart Saturday also, for Paterson, LA., with a short stop in Kaplan, LA.

Here in Burnet, TX. the front is coming thru with 25/35 mph and a lot of rain..went from 68 to current 44 in about an hour and feels to me, darn cold.  It will be in NE in a couple of days!  With the offshore low on East Coast, I hope this won't be another "Perfect Storm"! 

16 hours ago, jrock said:

50 to 60 MPH winds off water for 3high tide cycles PISSER we’re about 20 miles south of Boston they are saying rain heredon’t know how far north Dave is but hope he didn’t put his shovel away yet

Winter Storm Riley to Undergo Bombogenesis, Becoming an Intense Nor'easter With Coastal Flooding, High Winds, Heavy, Wet Snow in the East

We live about 15 miles east of Hampton Beach, NH. If the cover blows off the RV I'll consider that an invitation that the season is ready to start. Have generator gas and wine, food optional.....

20 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

If the cover blows off the RV I'll consider that an invitation that the season is ready to start.

:lol:.. Now that's my way of thinking :lol:!!

That cold front in Burnet, TX several hours has brought some great weather to the Houston area today and through the weekend -- sunny with highs in the mid-70's and lows around 60 F.   Saturday looks like a good day to give my motorhome a much needed bath to clean it of the wet road grime from my rainy, cold Wine Lover's  Festival trip three weeks ago the Hill Country.  Those headed to Louisiana the next few days should have a lot of fun and "patio season" weather.

For the folks in the northeast all I can say from Houston is "I'm sorry".  You'll get current Houston weather sometime in June :)

6 hours ago, DBenoit said:

Winter Storm Riley to Undergo Bombogenesis, Becoming an Intense Nor'easter With Coastal Flooding, High Winds, Heavy, Wet Snow in the East

We live about 15 miles east of Hampton Beach, NH. If the cover blows off the RV I'll consider that an invitation that the season is ready to start. Have generator gas and wine, food optional.....

That sounds like a plan. My son is full time national guard camp Edwards on the cape it just happens to be their drill weekend and he said the plan is to camp in the woods on the base now that is camping

Sorry John, down here, we call that certifiable and dumb.  Especially in a Wintertime Nor'easter! :blink::wacko:

Give your son, when he defrost, our thanks for his Service!

Several thoughts come to mind.

1) I noticed she had sorta of a smile on her face. She knows the insurance premiums are paid.

2) She is saying to him, "YOU had to have a Back in site and would not listen to me when I said STOP! :D

Herman

That is a clip from the movie RV, one of Robin Williams best movies, if you haven't seen it, you really should, the show is absolutely hilarious. :rolleyes: Sue and I watch it almost everytime we get bored when out camping, and it's pouring rain outside.

10 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

That is a clip from the movie RV, one of Robin Williams best movies, if you haven't seen it, you really should, the show is absolutely hilarious. :rolleyes: Sue and I watch it almost everytime we get bored when out camping, and it's pouring rain outside.

:lol:

On 3/1/2018 at 8:48 PM, manholt said:

Sorry John, down here, we call that certifiable and dumb.  Especially in a Wintertime Nor'easter! :blink::wacko:

Give your son, when he defrost, our thanks for his Service!

My account who was a Lt Colonel tried to talk him into joining the Air Force BUT NOOO he chose the Army he sent me a picture of their campsite up to his a## in mud guess he will appreciate their trailer more on family trips 

What happens if out in the water with the Terra whatever and you get a flat tire.

Jim, it wasn't planned but it turned out okay.

Well the cover didn't blow off....:( I even released one of the ropes.

I guess it's back into my groundhog hole for a spell.