skykingtcb

Trans Temp Sender

Hello

I am servicing my 2003 Monaco Diplomat Cummins 330hp Allison 3000 trans

Tried searching previous topics but no luck.

My wire to guage is not hooked up at trans cannot locate sender maybe was removed.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thank you

Skykingtcb, mine is on the cooler lines right after they exit the transmission for the gauge on the dash. How do you know its not hooked up? The reason I ask is the gauge on our Monaco doesn't rise until 140 degrees, but the scale is so close its hard to identify its actually working under normal temp range, it has to be really hot to even notice the gauge. 

Skyking, by some chance to you have a Trip Tec in your coach.  If so you can see the Engine as well as the Transmission temperatures there. I very seldom look at the gauge, I just keep tabs with the Trip Tec.

Herman 

I have Silverleaf in mine, but it also gives me about 2 dozen readouts on what is going on in engine, cooling system, Allison, TPM's, mpg, exhaust system and turbo.  Like Joe, it takes a time for my Allison temp to register, same with coolant.  My readout is one degree increments, starting at 120.

Like Carl, I use Silverleaf software to monitor a number of items in greater detail then the standard instrument panel.  The software is free, it is the interface items on needs to purchase.

The software runs on a standard laptop, although with an older operating system then windows 10. Settings are set to monitor 15 to 20 items in detail and log them for a detailed look any time I feel something is not quit right.

Scan Gauge D is also a very helpful system, but somewhat less flexible and less expensive

I'm not up to speed on the Trip Tech system.

Rich.