elkhartjim

Classified section

I realize that FMCA doesn't currently have a classified section for members or at least I can't find it. Would that be something of interest to others? 

I refuse to list anything on Craigslist because of all the scammers I have to deal with.

Jim S.  There is classified in back of Magazine, don't know how effective it is!  The 05? Post a picture under General Discussion, "Who is where"! :)

I forgot about the magazine, most forums have a classified section. I've listed  it on the Escapees forum where I've had a lot of success buying and selling.

It's been suggested there would be a charge for posting for sale or wanted needs, would you be willing to pay for this service? I for one would not be willing to pay. This board doesn't have enough visitors to justify paying for an ad but it could be a no expense benefit to members. 

Ive had really good success both buying and selling on iRV2 and the Escapees forums and neither charge for this service. 

On 2/26/2018 at 6:04 AM, elkhartjim said:

I realize that FMCA doesn't currently have a classified section for members or at least I can't find it. Would that be something of interest to others? 

I refuse to list anything on Craigslist because of all the scammers I have to deal with.

I have had good luck with Craigslist.  Last spring I listed my motorhome and because I had done major upgrades and it was an older coach,  I put a high but worth it price.  Took about 2 months but I got my asking price plus some.  2 weeks ago I bought a Prius on Craigslist and went 1200 miles to pick it up.

It's like buy thru Amazon via FMCA...Per Don, you benefit, because FMCA the Company, makes a percentage on everything the member buys, and that benefits the member!  It does?

Unless FMCA the Company, makes $$$, you can't have it.  You want a Classified Section?  Then you will have to pay the same amount as you would in the Magazine!  Why?  because it's PC!

I don't ever see it coming to fruition simply because of the logistics of implementing a pay for play program on the forum. Plus it would most likely not have a high rate of return for FMCA. I still think it would be a nice benefit. 

I think I got a bu$$ call from you today, Carl. I'm glad you're thinking of me.:D

Jim S.

Thinking of you? Yes, Linda and I was talking about Lajitas.  I never put my phone back there...Got a $300+ phone bill one time and the nice lady at AT&T, could not stop laughing, as she told me how I got it.  That cured me! :lol:

If they started a classified form with locked replies and only PM to writer it would help some and be easy to control 

with out problems 

Jim S.

You could list your Jeep, but I could only reply via PM and then directly to you as we did for Bluebonnet !

16 hours ago, manholt said:

It's like buy thru Amazon via FMCA...Per Don, you benefit, because FMCA the Company, makes a percentage on everything the member buys, and that benefits the member!  It does?

Unless FMCA the Company, makes $$$, you can't have it.  You want a Classified Section?  Then you will have to pay the same amount as you would in the Magazine!  Why?  because it's PC!

There are no fees involved in using Craigslist, buying or selling.

4 hours ago, manholt said:

We know that...we just don't want to weed out all the Looney Toons!  :blink::wacko:

Roger that. Craigslist is a scam artists utopia. 

14 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

I don't know what a locked reply means, what would that help and what needs to be controlled? 

On the Jeep site I belong to they do that so it does not get people adding to it with I can buy for half that or commenting with poor or no respect 

I can't seem to find the digital version of the mag, I used to look at the classifieds there on line.

If you will go to the FMCA home page. click on the DASH BOARD, it is the speedo symbol on the right side of the page. When on the DASH BOARD click on  MAGAZINE. there you will find the CLASSIFIED section.  

Herman