richard5933

Best Fish Fry

Question

Not sure if this is something that plays nationwide, but up here in Wisconsin it's fish fry season. Part of what makes us who we are. It's a thing. Most always on a Friday night, sometimes also on Wednesdays. Best ones can often be found at lodges, bars, and hole-in-the-wall type places.

As we travel around, we are always on the lookout for a good fish fry. The more unique and off-beaten the better. As long as we can get the bus within walking distance we'll consider the place an option.

Thought I'd ask if anyone has any suggestions on places around the country.

I fish in Buzzards Bay, MA., always a fish fry at my house starting in early spring. Gotta shuck those quahogs for the appetizer. I have a license for diggin those.

Also have boat for fishing (Whaler) if anyone is in the area and wants to go sometime. Target is black sea bass, tautog,  scup and striper..

David

Hello David,

How big is your boat? because you just invited a 1/2 million people (lol). Like me, you are probably going through your third Nor Eastern in March right now. So, I am assuming a little later for the fish fry. Please tell me what is tautog and scup are. I am sure they taste better than  how I am pronouncing their names.

Ken F432032

2014 Itasca

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tautog

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scup

Tautog are great tasting since they mostly eat shellfish. They are pretty ugly, their teeth look like bad human teeth.

We use green crabs to catch. Scup are also very good to eat. Easy to catch. Use squid for bait or sea clam. I have a 21' boat so I can get most of FMCA

in it....lol

On US12 about 12 miles west, of Coldwater Michigan, I think is a steak house the only one around and sitting out by itself . I can't pull up the name but the restaurant is easily found as it is the only one.

They serve Walleye a big platter, and they serve "Blue Gill", White fish, or they id at one time. They may serve Crappie too but don't quote me.

Place is always crowded.