tireman9

No 110V w/Generator running

Just fired up generator in my coach (Class-C w/ 4K Onan)  No auto transfer switch in my coach.

Haven't used the generator in some time but it was working fine last time I used it.

When it started, I get no 110v reading on the outlet. No display on the Microwave.

Looked at power panel and no circuit breakers are tripped.   Before I get really involved in tracing the problem anyone have a couple of basic things to check.

Roger, Check the Circuit breakers on the generator, by turning them off and back on. would be the first thing to do. Then we can go a little deeper.

From your post it sounds like the generator is running smooth  and nominal?

Rich.

Have you checked the circuit bkr on the generator?  Not sure how you switch from shore power to generator, I had one that   you manually has to transfer a the power cord from shore power to generator.

Jim

Well, don't I feel silly.  It's been so long I forgot to plug in the power cord.  I may know about tires but that doesn't mean I can't forget something this basic.

Thanks to all who responded.  I'll buy u a cup of coffee at Perry or Gillette. Just see me at one of my seminars on Tires or Genealogy.

1 hour ago, tireman9 said:

Well, don't I feel silly.  It's been so long I forgot to plug in the power cord.  I may know about tires but that doesn't mean I can't forget something this basic.

Thanks to all who responded.  I'll buy u a cup of coffee at Perry or Gillette. Just see me at one of my seminars on Tires or Genealogy.

Roger, too bad all our problems can't be solved that easy.  I won't be going to Perry but hoping to go to Gillette, if so will see you there, Bruce.

Roger.  The problem so far, has been the fact that your Tire Seminar, was scheduled at the same time, as the general meeting!  I can't attend yours or Brett's.... it's a bother!

It would be a LONG trip to attend one of my seminars right now-- we are in southern Argentina and headed further south tomorrow.