trfarmerjr

FMCA Assist VS Goodsam Travel Assist

We have been Goodsam Travel Assist members for several years. Now that we have joined FMCA should we continue to pay for the Goodsam Travel Assist program. It looks like the programs are pretty much the same.

I'm not familiar with the Good Sam program but if they are the same and you're paying extra for the Good Sams then by all means cancel the GS since you're dues cover the program at FMCA.

I think there is confusion between FMCAssist which is repatriation insurance included in your dues and FMCA Roadside Assistance (The name has changed to FMCA Rescue) which is for breakdown services for your RV and has a separate charge of $69/year if you sign up for three years. 

I don't see the confusion. FMCAssist and the GS Tracel Assist basically supply the same services,

GS Roadside Assistance and FMCA Rescue provide basically the same service.

A friend needed FMCAssist  when on travel in FL.  They provided a medical Lear Jet to fly back to Little Rock, AR and covered all costs of rhe MH and pets being returned.  Well worth the annual dues.

FMCAssist, GS Travel Assist.

It's the same thing, same Company, same plan!  So as Jim S. and Wayne said, why pay twice...as for Ross, please re-read OP's question again?

OK. I went out to the Good Sam site and the benefits are similar with a few differences. If you are not a new member and you want a plan for a couple the cost is about $90/year or $20 more per year than the FMCA benefit. They do offer the plan for less if you are a new member. 

For what is worth, I just renewed FMCA’s for 3 years.

Ross, bless your heart, you're so confused.  :DGood Sams Travel assist is not road service, it is similar to the FMCAssit. You know, the plan that will fly you home in a medical emergency. Good Sams Assist or FMCAssist will not come tow you motorhome if it's broken down.  

I was told that FMCA Assist will no longer medivac you home but just to the near facility that can care for you and so will Medicare.  It will provide a commercial airline ticket home for rehab if needed.  But all the Lear Jet medivac stuff has been cut out recently.

Please, before you go too far with this rumor please contact the FMCA office and get the complete and true facts. Let me recommend doing this when ever you had doubts about any Benefit offered by FMCA.

Hearsay is not good for you or anyone else for that matter.

Thank you, 

Herman

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

Please, before you go too far with this rumor please contact the FMCA office and get the complete and true facts. Let me recommend doing this when ever you had doubts about any Benefit offered by FMCA.

Hearsay is not good for you or anyone else for that matter.

Thank you, 

Herman

Thanks, Herman. Conversations that start with I've heard, I was told, I have a friend, blah blah blah always bother me.