dcallaghan

Holiday Rambler handling problems, 8 bag

Had handling problems with my 2013 Holiday Rambler. Have used Redlands Truck & RV in Redlands California before with great success. Was going to be in the area and called them for an appointment. They were booked but squeezed me in. They, as usual, did a perfect job and made sure I had a full hookup, fee spot in their campground. Problem resolved and handles better than new. I have found that they are the best organized, most competent & professional RV service & repair facilities. Their main focus is on customer service. I live 200 miles away but it is worth  the drive. Their phone number is 888-249-0124.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Joe.  The 2013 HR is a totally different animal than yours!  Different chassis and engine. 

Yeah, just trying to understand what was the root cause. I have an 8 bag coach but not on the RR8R or RR8S. Perhaps someone searching this later might get the answer they were looking for.

Joe.  The OP has the Freightliner "like a Roadmaster 8"! :P  I think it's also not Cummins, but Force.

Manholt,  A 2013 Holliday Rampler is NOT a Freightliner chassis, it is a a real Roadmaster chassis. The OP didn't state the length or model so we do not know if it is a 8 or 10 bag.

The OP's opening title was "8 air bag". I know of NO true Roadmaster chassis with IFS, the outboard bag mounting was their claim to fame and not needing IFS as a result in that design, much simpler, I question if its as effective as IFS....but... The video they put out back then explains it all.

2013 would have been one of the last true Roadmasters designs, and in that year it would have a Navistar powerplant. I have read that the metals utilized from 08'ish-09 up was lighter which resulted in some mechanical failures problems. I suspect that is what the OP stumbled upon and had corrected.