For those planning to travel to/through Louisiana, the following notification has been issued by the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development.

LA DOTD announces bridge joint repairs on I-10 in Lake Charles
Published: Mar 01, 2018 5:00 PM CST
Updated: Mar 02, 2018 4:57 PM CST

(PRESS RELEASE) The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announced that construction work on I-10 in Lake Charles is scheduled to begin on March 3, weather permitting. 

After almost 60 years of service, the expansion joints on I-10 need maintenance work. This maintenance, being performed by C.E.C., Inc. of Lafayette, will upgrade I-10 to handle the traffic volume anticipated during the upcoming I-210 redecking project. The $8.5 million project on I-10 is expected to last approximately 4 months, weather permitting. All construction work will take place between the west side of the Calcasieu River Bridge and Opelousas Street.

Work will begin in the eastbound lanes of I-10. The outside lane will remain open while construction takes place in the inside lanes. Once complete, traffic will move to the new construction while repairs are completed in the closed outside lane. The westbound lanes will follow a similar pattern. Lane closures will be in effect on a 24/7 basis.

Motorists are advised to use I-210 as a detour while work takes place. Additionally, motorists may use LA 12 via LA 27 and U.S. 171.

Lane closures

Rick.  Good Morning.

Wish I had known that yesterday!!! :blink:  Sat and waited 40 minutes.  We where headed E to Kaplan and I saw nothing on LA/DOT when I looked, that was 2/28.  TX/DOT gives notice on major repairs 2-4 weeks in advance, plus regular updates! :)

Thank you for Posting!  There will be a lot of RV's on I-10 in the next 3/4 days, heading to Perry, GA.!

Rick.

You hear about the coach that fried in Crawly yesterday ?  Corner of 35 & I-10.  Was still burning at 11am when we turned down 35.

We were stuck in this mess for an hour and a half.  Traveling west on I-10 we took the I-210 around Lake Charles. The traffic was backed up on I-10 all the way to the I-210 exit. Within 3 miles on I-210 we were at a dead stop.  There were people driving around on the grass to get to the exit 1/2 mile away.  No one was happy but it was nothing anyone could do.

Yes there was something you could do that the cars couldn't do. When traffic is stopped put on the 4 way flashers set the parking brake and get up and go to the bathroom. Grab a cold drink from the frige and be back in your seat ready and much more relaxed when traffic does move.B)

Bill

22 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Yes there was something you could do that the cars couldn't do. When traffic is stopped put on the 4 way flashers set the parking brake and get up and go to the bathroom. Grab a cold drink from the frige and be back in your seat ready and much more relaxed when traffic does move.B)

Bill

YUP, do it often, restroom break, cold drink and beef Jerky, i'm good :D