jbell

DirecTV RV channel

Anyone know of a DTV channel that carries info. about RVs or motor coach travel in general? I think the Travel Channel had a program dedicated to RVing, but I cannot seem to find it now.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jimmy

Guest BillAdams

There used to be a show called RV Today hosted by Stew Oleson (Janet and I appeared on the show) but it is long gone. I am not aware of anything similar any longer.

Stew Olsen still posts from time to time over on the RV.net web site. He has also posted a few links to a couple of the broadcast shows. There are also a couple on www.youtube.com. He had made the comment that if/when the time is right he would like to bring back the show. However, with the current economy, it would appear that now is not the time.

There was another RV show that was on for a short while, I don't recall the name of it. However, it is also long gone.

I do see where the RVTV web site says that they are moving to the R&R channel on DTV and DISH, however when I go to the DTV schedule on my set, channel 354 (R&R) does not have the programming at the stated times. Also, I cannot find RVTV anywhere during the week! Since RVTV only makes about 12 episodes per season, maybe they are done for the year! :rolleyes:

Use your menu button on your remote and do a seach for "RV" you will see RVTV and a few other shows for RV's

Interesting! There are no episodes this week, but three the following week. (11/22, 11/27, 11/28)

I wonder how one is supposed to know exactly when these things are gonna be broadcast, unless they do the search every week. If I were an advertiser, I wouldn't like that too much! :rolleyes: