Sign in to follow this  
waynebeyer

American coach tradition entry door won’t open

We are the new owners of a 2006 American coach tradition. After arriving at our campground we were unable to open the entry door. After banging and pounding I was able to force it open. The problem was a deadbolt type of latch that engaged in the top of the door wouldn’t retract. After a few minutes it slowly retracted on its own. It appears that it is not related to the central locking. Any he,p is appreciated. Right now it stays retracted wether the locks are engaged or not. I’m thinking it has something to do with a safety when the coach is underway.

If it hasn't been said, Welcome to the Forum. My dead bolt stuck in the locked position one time. It turned out the extension of the bolt had a broken roll pin. I repaired the bolt and have never used the dead bolt.

Herman 

Own a 2004 American tradition if using fob actuators can break, door harness on hinge side can have broken wires. I use key to lock door and leave one window unlocked in case I need a ladder to get in. The real problem never addressed by the manufacturer is when lock fails and you can't get out!! 

Carl 2004 American tradition