LeRoy

Engine Muffler

I own a 1997 Beaver Monterey Model 3604 Mfg. Aug, 1996, Cat engine Model 3126TR.   I am in the market for a Muffler and looking for a distributor, any assistance would be greatly Appreciated. Also looking for a Chassis Manual.

Cheers, Chilliwack BC Canada

LeRoy, welcome to the Forum. Do you have a truck dealer in Chilliwack? That would be the place I would start. They may be able to measure the Muffler and come up with one to fit your coach.

It may be a Roadmaster Chassis. Sorry I can;t help on the Manual.

Herman

Leroy.  Welcome!

Is that a Gillig chassis or Oshkosh?  Freightliner or Spartan, should be able to handle your muffler.  As for Manual, send a PM to DickandLoise, he's got quite a library of Manuals on his computer....useful Hobby! :)  

11 hours ago, LeRoy said:

I own a 1997 Beaver Monterey Model 3604 Mfg. Aug, 1996, Cat engine Model 3126TR.   I am in the market for a Muffler and looking for a distributor, any assistance would be greatly Appreciated. Also looking for a Chassis Manual.

Cheers, Chilliwack BC Canada

Welcome to the forum LeRoy. If you can do the work I would look at some of the parts stores that cater to diesel trucks. While most handle performance parts they probably have original equipment type too. Some may have the capability of installing it for you.

Bill

Thanks All for your rapid replies.

We do have a couple of truck repair facilities here, also have a fabricating shop. Forgot to supply the name of the Chassis, it's a Magnum out of Oregon, tried to contact them by phone, with no success, got the number off the Net.

As for the reply on the Chassis Manual from Manholt, not sure the meaning of PM, how to contact **** and Loise, can you advise additional info. 

PM stands for private message. Top right corner of the forum page, you will note an envelope, just click on that and you can send a PM to anyone on the forum. Also, if you see their name and avatar, just double click on that person and you will find a place to send them a PM from there also. Welcome to the forum, I have a spare stainless steel muffler that will not fit my bus that anyone close around would be welcome to if they were close to Birmingham, Al.

20 hours ago, manholt said:

Kay.  Leroy lives in BC, Canada....is that close to Birmingham? :rolleyes:

Well Carl, maybe just a slight detour on his way to Florida.-_- Pots Vance was a very dear friend from Canada, he used to rent my brothers condo during the winter months, his wife prepared Escardo for us on many occasions, normally YUK, but hers was very tasty. If you don't remember him, he was an accomplished hockey player from one of the Canadian teams, I collected his signature for several hockey fans in this area.

Leroy, I PM'ed you a more detailed set of instructions on how to PM, if any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hi Kay,  

I followed your instructions but do not have their mail address, can you send it to my mail 

Edited by LeRoy
mail address removed

80's

LeRoy.   I think most of us would like to make it to 80+!  Then to also drive a coach still, would be a added blessing! :)  So, ask any question you like,  Just please tell Kay, how to spell "Snails", in French! :lol:

Carl, I aint French, and since Pots passed, I haven't had another "Snail" since.:wub: Ok I got it escargot?:rolleyes: I hope no one else knows the difference.

Thanks so much, will check it out this AM. Trying to get my Rig in shape for a trip to Yukon, Alaska June this year. This will be my last trip, did this trip in 96, it was very impressive.

Cheers, LeRoy 

Chilliwack BC Canada

Problem solved, got a Muffler Mfg'd by Donaldson Part # DN-M120598  4" ID in and 5" ID out ,  (11.75" at it's widest end 32.75 length) with exact measurements as the old.

Thanks everyone who assist in the search.

11 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

That's great, Did you find the Manuel you were looking for?  No still waiting for a reply from **** and Loise.

Bill

Manual

Leroy.  You should get an answer today, if D&L dug themselves out of the frozen NE !  :D They should be in Perry, GA., send him another PM, he might not have gotten the first one, due to weather!

Carl

On 3/15/2018 at 0:42 AM, manholt said:

Leroy.  You should get an answer today, if D&L dug themselves out of the frozen NE !  :D They should be in Perry, GA., send him another PM, he might not have gotten the first one, due to weather!

Carl

I sent it again as u suggested.

LeRoy

21 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

The last time I saw Rich, he and Tireman were relaxing having a Philly Cheese sandwich in Perry Georgia. 

Herman

If they were in GA they weren't having a Philly Cheese steak :wacko: