Johnston

Seeking participants for new magazine feature

President Walker,  thank you for posting on this forum and it is a forum not a blog. You are the president of this organization and this is your first post...appalling and your Shakespearean comment, " much to do about nothing " shows just how out of touch with the members of this forum you are. Like Richard stated, doing it legally doesn't make it right. Does the passage of the Affordable Care Act, generally known as Obama Care, ring any bells of being legally passed yet wasn't right. I find it interesting that you suggest we use a lawful process when we disagree with how our organization is operating. Is that intended to be some sort of threat?

Since I'm not involved in the politics of FMCA and as Rhett Butler might say, I really don't give a **** about being politically correct I will voice my opinion as long as free speech is allowed. That is a right guaranteed by the US Constitution and yes I understand the FMCA constitution may disagree. 

I'm truly sorry for your attitude of its much to do about nothing, what a terrible attitude for a president of any organization to have.

Good luck in your tenure as president of FMCA. 

I'll bow out now as I see FMCA has gone into let's keep denying and they'll go away so I'll be gone from this thread. 

Mr. Walker,

Better late than never (joining and posting).  While likely not a representative group of FMCA members, those that post here appear to be a vocal and knowledgeable group.  I do not find your first post - or that it "is" your first post - to be appalling at all.  I am happy to know you at least know the forum is here.  Hopefully you will take advantage and continue to participate.  The recent vote may have proven, at present, this space is a vocal minority (meaning not the majority), as my impression is the majority here were not for including towables.

I could care less what the magazine title is, what font is used, etc.  I have not delved into the numbers, but I assume the magazine is at worst revenue neutral, and probably revenue positive, and helps offset expenses.  Those that read the forum probably see little new at all in the magazine, and maybe, like me, do not even open it (have already read the online version), and instead, leave it somewhere hoping someone may enjoy it.  I would like to see an opt out option (for the magazine), since I am fine with digital, but lower "numbers" would probably lower the ad rate... since the mailed copies is usually a large factor in ad rate...

Like at least some here, I have volunteered to lead an affinity group, and other similar organizations.  I know there are few who will, and appreciate your willingness and efforts.  I know that unless you find personal satisfaction in your efforts, you will not last long, as there will be what the kids call "haters", who will loudly voice their opinion, but rarely, if ever, step up to govern.

1 hour ago, elkhartjim said:

President Walker,  thank you for posting on this forum and it is a forum not a blog. You are the president of this organization and this is your first post...appalling and your Shakespearean comment, " much to do about nothing " shows just how out of touch with the members of this forum you are. Like Richard stated, doing it legally doesn't make it right. Does the passage of the Affordable Care Act, generally known as Obama Care, ring any bells of being legally passed yet wasn't right. I find it interesting that you suggest we use a lawful process when we disagree with how our organization is operating. Is that intended to be some sort of threat?

Since I'm not involved in the politics of FMCA and as Rhett Butler might say, I really don't give a **** about being politically correct I will voice my opinion as long as free speech is allowed. That is a right guaranteed by the US Constitution and yes I understand the FMCA constitution may disagree. 

I'm truly sorry for your attitude of its much to do about nothing, what a terrible attitude for a president of any organization to have.

Good luck in your tenure as president of FMCA. 

I'll bow out now as I see FMCA has gone into let's keep denying and they'll go away so I'll be gone from this thread. 

I think this post and others attacking staff members John and Pam are the big reason why you don’t see them and other staff and executive board members post here often. Not sure why you are appalled or surprised.

The point of Jon’s response was to respond to your accusations that staff went “rogue” and changed the name of the publication. In the end,  the executive board approved of the proposed name. That is their purpose- to represent membership and decide policy for staff to follow. I’m sure you understand why membership doesn’t vote on every decision. 

You have questioned staffs owning of RVs. Not sure why that is relevant. Same as me saying you couldn’t possibly have a respectful opinion about the magazine name or this new proposed article because you aren’t an editor or writer. The executive board and governing board all own qualifying units. They are the ones who set policy and direction. Staff executes.  For your information, Pam Kay does own a motorhome. She has been a family member of FMCA for a long time. She has edited , produced and written your magazine for over 30 years. I would match her knowledge of RVs up with anyone. 

We just had over 2,600 units attend our Perry convention, which is the largest event since 2011. We had a nice turnout of non-motorhome units. I can almost guarantee that not one attendee who owns a motorhome had a “watered” down experience. There were as many seminars as before pertaining to motorhomes. Will be the same with the magazine redesign.