chadmgorman

2K-3K Inverter recommendations

Have a Magnum 2012 that is acting up. The tech support thinks it is one of three boards that is defective. The board is $270 bucks plus testing etc (maybe $500 total). Is it worth repairing or should I upgrade to a Pure Sign Wave unit? Seems relatively easy to change out. A PSW 3K unit In see online AIMS brand inverter/charger with remote display would be less than $1000 for parts. I upgraded a while back to a residential fridge and the Magnum is running it well for now. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, jleamont said:

If it were me I would do the upgrade to PSW. 

Ditto, X2 from my perspective also. Make sure that the PSW inverter is a converter/inverter. You will get about the same run time from either unit as long as you do not add any additional load. One caution though, make sure that the Aims brand is a 3 or 4 stage converter, if only 2 stage, back away.

I would prefer a well known brand such as Xantrex or Magnum  and should be a PSW.   I tested a Aim and it didn't perform like I thought it should.

I missed the brand that was being considered. I looked into this with Xantrex to upgrade ours, new one is just plug and play. 

I wouldn't change brands. Unless you were going up, not down. 

Chadmgorman, The 2012 is the series number! is it a 2000 or 2800 watt model? Should you go from a 2000 to a 2800, you might consider up grading the 12 volt battery's if you go to the 2800. 

A 2000 will power a microwave, but with a house style refrigerator a 2800 Pure sine wave might be a better investment. They are much better for all electronic equipment!

Rich.

**** And Lois,

Yes sir, the current unit is a 2000 watt. I would like to upgrade to the 2800 PSW. You think the best choice is stay with Magnum? I wonder if my remote will be compatible with the 2800?

Best choice is Magnum?

Yes!  Remote, probably....Google Magnum or call Tech Dept.!

If you do the name of Rich...you wont get the stars, "potty mouth police is built in"!  You can overlap it by using DickandLouise, without spaces! :blink:

2 hours ago, chadmgorman said:

**** And Lois,

Yes sir, the current unit is a 2000 watt. I would like to upgrade to the 2800 PSW. You think the best choice is stay with Magnum? I wonder if my remote will be compatible with the 2800?

The 2800  Should work fine.  Check out this link to look for remote control compatability between inverters and the software.

You might need to speak to a tech to clear up any software issues or to get the proper version downed load. Just tell them that you want to up grade from the 2000 to the PSW 2800.

You might need to increase the 12 volt supply fuse size - because of the increase in current demand!

http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/references/magnum-remote-compatibility

Rich.