MDKOZ

repaires for Hydraulic leveling jack

Hi I have my RV stored in Newburgh NY before I put it in storage I had some intermittent leaks from the levelling jacks so looking to get new seal put in the Jacks. Does any one know of any hydraulic repairer around the Newburgh NY area?

Thanks Keith

Keith,

The make of your Jacks would help. But here is what I would try first if the jacks are Hydraulic and you are good DIY. I would take the leaking cylinder off and take it to a Hydraulic Repair shop and have them reseal it.  As many have said before  google Hydraulic Repair Shops in the Yellow Pages in your area.

Herman

I think they are power gear, I live in Australia and have it in storage at Newburgh at the moment, will be coming over in May for 3 month. I plan on pulling it out myself and taking it to a hydraulic repair shop. will check yellow pages.

Thanks Keith

Keith.

When you come up to the lower 48 in May, have you thought about coming to the FMCA Convention in Gillette, Wyoming?  We have a Forum Meet & Greet, we get a visual to the shadows on the Forum!  The first time I meet Herman, he looked nothing like his Avatar, no black hat or shades! :rolleyes: Since I have been down under on many occasions, would like to meet you in person!

Where are you at?

Carl C.

We are in Sussex Inlet New South Wales about 2 hours south of Sydney. I would loved to make the Convention in Gillette But I am not going that far west. From Newburgh heading down to Washington then across to Cincinnati up to Chicago and around the Great Lakes, Niagara Falls then depending on time up through Montreal etc, Any suggestion on great spots to stop at and take a look around.

Keith  

On 3/17/2018 at 11:39 PM, MDKOZ said:

I think they are power gear, I live in Australia and have it in storage at Newburgh at the moment, will be coming over in May for 3 month. I plan on pulling it out myself and taking it to a hydraulic repair shop. will check yellow pages.

Thanks Keith

Keith, If the jacks are made by Power Gear, there are small grease fittings at the bottom of the hydraulic cylinders. When the rams are extended they can be easier to see. Power gear jacks require the seals to be greased every 30 cycles with WHITE lithium GREASE ONLY. 2 squirts only in each fitting clears up the small leaks. 

Rich. 

Rich, Thanks for that, I will give that a try when I get over there, I've never greased it and I wouldn't think the owner be for me would have done it either so probably well over due.

Keith