Sign in to follow this  
ispjs

Pocket Truck Stop Guide

When asking about information on fuel stops on US 45 going north from Mobile area up to Savanna Tennessee, on another forum, someone mentioned a blue truck stop guide.  I checked the first Pilot I fueled at and they had never heard of it.  Next stopped at a Loves to gas up toad and they had it.

It is a small blue colored book that lists fuel stops (diesel) and rest stops.  I think with tax it was around $6.00 and change.  I now know where 2 nice size stops are on the route I was needing information for.  Along with my Commercial Road Atlas this is another publication I will be purchasing every couple of years.

That is included in the Rand McNally(Good Sam) GPS software. Really easy to look up a fuel station  near our location or a different city. Also, the app Trucker Path for cell phones has all this, and a long list of additional stuff.

Try TruckMaster at  www.findfuelstops.com, will allow you to put in origin,destination and via route.  You can select your amenities and witch fuel stops.

I have Gas Buddy and Trucker's Path on my phone also.  What is nice about this little blue Truck Stop Guide is that it is quick and easy to use when planning the next days route.  Instead of going to one of my apps now (Pilot, Trucker's Path, Gas Buddy, Love's) I start with the little guide.  Once I pick my fuel stop then I can start looking at prices, mapping for getting in/out, and distances with one or more of my apps.   We also find it handy if we are rolling down the road and decide it is time to take a break.  It not only lists all fuel stops but also rest stops that big rigs will fit into.

15 minutes ago, rklorer said:

Try TruckMaster at  www.findfuelstops.com, will allow you to put in origin,destination and via route.  You can select your amenities and witch fuel stops.

Thanks for the link and info!  I saved it to my favorites and signed in.  Haven't played around with it yet but it certainly looks promising.  I am picky about pre-planning my fuel stops mainly due to our size, but I also like to know in advance what the fuel stop has to offer and what the entrance/exit looks like.  I check prices but it isn't my number 1 priority in every case.  I can see where this app could help save some bucks though.