elkhartjim

Perry Rally

I'm surprised there hasn't been one post, that I've seen, regarding the Perry convention. Did anybody on the forum other than Herman go? Was the turn out bigger than ever since allowing towable? 

Report in attendees and let us know what we missed. 

Herman here.

Perry there were over 2,900 totals. At the last count I saw there were 19 units other than coaches. There were some cancellations and some drive ups. The one rally good figure was there were over 1,100 first timers and there were almost 900 volunteers. Sorry I do not have the count of Show units and Vendors, but here were quite a few of each.

As usual we had rain on several different days and we are expecting some really bad weather tonight and tomorrow Monday.

All in all it has been a very good Convention.

Herman 

Herman.  As I remember last time at Perry, we had quite a number of Coaches for sale. Good turn out by Tiffin, Newmar, Winnebago,  Entegera, Prevost and Newell.  1,100 new first timers, is impressive!  So, is 900 Volunteers! WOW.

Should be interesting to see the numbers for both Gillette and Shawnee, this year!

You going home, pre planning meeting!

We would have liked to attend, but with Susan's knee replacement surgery, she is not able to travel far yet.  Her Doctor will not release her until early April, if he approves at that time.

Maybe next year it can be in the cards.

Ken

It was our first convention and had the best time. Learned so much from all the seminars. Also first time dry camping and lasted 5 nights without any issues.

Gary

with so many new people- how come there is not more participation on this forum? I get 2 -3 daily digests from Monaco, Newmar, American coach forums but see few new comers. Doesn't the rally promote this forum?

When I started the Wanderlodge forum, I went around and gave out business cards and explained what we were doing. Inquiring old mind~

The last numbers I received for a 30 day period was that we had the Forum visited over 128,000 times with over 500,000 items and topics visited. 

Erniee and Carl the only ones we see here are the ones that post. So it may not seem that there isn't much activity on the site but there are a lot of viewers that do not respond.

Herman

The problem with the numbers Herman  posted is it doesn't differentiate between members and trolls. There may be128,000 visits but how many are members and how many are guests? 

Jim,

I hear you but this was the only information I could get. I do plan on pursuing this to find out more. When I do I will post it here. Sorry,I have no idea how long it might take.

Herman 

The deal about the numbers and I don't know if the true numbers can be identified is you don't have to be a member to post on the forum and you don't need to be signed in to read the posts. 

The numbers are irrelevant to me and would only be relevant to advertisers who pay x amount for the number of hits the page gets where their ad may be viewed.

Perry wasn't doable with our plans so we set our sights on Gillette. Now, with having our storage unite in PA burgled, we have to go back to the farm in June and will be there till end of July or Aug 1st at the latest. So that shoots Gillette down. We will be going to the Midwest rally in Amana Iowa in August and hopefully be able to catch more rallies and events as we go. Where and when will the next Natl, Conv be? Thanks Herman for the info and thanks Jim for this post

Punxsyjumper --

I think you are the first fellow Damon Astoria owner I've seen on the forum!   I don't think there are any major differences between my 2007 version and your 2011 so perhaps we can share both good (and not so good) stories and experiences with our Astorias.

That dang thing called a career got in the way of the wife and I becoming "first timers" at Perry, GA.   The job will also get in the way of us going to Gillette which is very disappointing as we both grew up in Wyoming and are UW alums.   The next five years until retirement can't go fast enough!  The 401k should be large enough by then.....:unsure:

Punxsyjumper.

I believe after Gillette it's Redmond, OR.  Also, we will be in Chandler, AZ. for Into rally!

Mike, your starting to travel, "real, part time"!  Hope at least, you get the LSU home games! :blink: Or, I'll have to send you a post card ! :lol:

Erniee.  I don't see anyone on this page, who is not a FMCA Member!

To answer your genetic question.  Unless it's been changed, you only have to be a member of the Forum, not both!

11 hours ago, fagnaml said:

Punxsyjumper --

I think you are the first fellow Damon Astoria owner I've seen on the forum!   I don't think there are any major differences between my 2007 version and your 2011 so perhaps we can share both good (and not so good) stories and experiences with our Astorias.

That dang thing called a career got in the way of the wife and I becoming "first timers" at Perry, GA.   The job will also get in the way of us going to Gillette which is very disappointing as we both grew up in Wyoming and are UW alums.   The next five years until retirement can't go fast enough!  The 401k should be large enough by then.....:unsure:

They say if you want to improve your fishing, you need to get rid of that day job. Same goes for RV'ing. Here's to the day you can walk away. I'm still an FNG but always a fast learner with the help of these guys. We are actually looking at getting some upgrades done in IN before heading back west. The coach is great, drives like a dream but after just a couple years of living in it we've got a list of some "must have's" and a bigger list of "Like to have's". Budget will decide on a lot of it.

Maybe we will cross paths

TT.

Next year, we won't be in Perry.  My understanding, it will be Chandler, AZ.

March in Perry is the rain season.