lylefikse

Rhino Flex barbed end has come apart at swivel connection

Has anyone successfully reattached the two plastic pieces on a rhino flex end?  The barbed end has come off at the swivel.  Can't  get the pieces to slip back together.

Can you take a picture and post it?

I use the same hose and it threads onto the couplings, I believe it's left handed thread. 

If you look at it the hose is not involved.  the parts I am talking about are plastic on plastic.  Beveled edge and I can't get it back together.  Came apart during a fire when we lost our coach.  Trying to salvage it for the next coach.  Might need to buy a new end for the bayonet end.

Lyle,

Sorry for your loss. The plastic ends that swivels can't be put back together successfully.  Go out and purchase a new hose with good ends. Repaired hoses can have problems you do not want to have when camping.:o:wub::wacko:

Herman

You guys are right.  Seems impossible to put the two pieces back together.  After pricing parts to fix the old hose I agree that a new hose is the best option.  My old one will become spare parts.  Thanks for letting me bounce an idea off you.  Our new coach should be ready next month.  Can't wait to get on the road again. 

Lyle lost his coach in a scary fire quite some time ago and they are just now getting back to rving. 

Welcome back and welcome to the Newmar family, Lyle. Have you thought about going to the NKK Rally in Gillette this June?

I don't remember what he had but it was not a Newmar. He and his wife appreciate having the emergency exit DOOR in the rear bathroom in the 4369 floor plan. 

11 hours ago, lylefikse said:

You guys are right.  Seems impossible to put the two pieces back together.  After pricing parts to fix the old hose I agree that a new hose is the best option.  My old one will become spare parts.  Thanks for letting me bounce an idea off you.  Our new coach should be ready next month.  Can't wait to get on the road again. 

You could cut the hose from the connector and put on a complete new connector. You will need wire cutters. When putting on a new connector slab some petroleum jelly (Vaseline) on the connector and inside the hose and the will screw together easily.

I have 4 sections of hose and have needed all of them in some places. 

Lyle, I am thinking if it was exposed to heat it may be warped and no longer usable.

Tell us about your new coach.

Bill

This will be our replacement coach after the fire.  Our old coach was a Damon 4072.  Lost it in a fire caused by failure of the Norcold 1200 Fridge.  The new coach is to be here, (Palm Desert) soon is a Newmar 4369.  Can't wait.  It is being built now.  I  changed our type of coach on the FMCA website after we ordered the new coach last Nov.

Update on the hose.  I am a stubborn Dutchman and kept trying to fix it.  I took the hose apart so I could put it in the vise to press it back together.  Couldn't get a good grip on it that way.  I then held the two pieces in place with my hands and put it between my knees and pressed.  It snapped  back into place.  Not easy but it worked.  Looks like it is tight and should be fine.

9 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Wayne, 

Let me rephrase your comment. Put the Vaseline or petroleum jelly on the outside of the hose and the inside of the connector😊.

Herman 

Herman, that is the first time I have been wron......er....mistaken.

8 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I have 4 sections of hose and have needed all of them in some places

Bill

Only 4??^_^

1 hour ago, wayne77590 said:

Only 4??^_^

Yes I was able to reposition the coach so I could get buy on 4. I have heard people say they only need one. Well if you are at the dump station maybe.

Bill

I carry 3.  There are some places I go that requires up to 30 feet.  Mostly 5 to 10!

Wayne.  I would rather have 15 extra than be 5 short...:ph34r: 

Lyle --

I need to divert the discussion to the loss of your Damon motorhome and Norcold 1200 refrigerator.   I have a 2007 Damon Astoria 3774 in which a new Norcold NX641 refrigerator (which is a single door model) was installed when I purchased the motorhome.   I'd like to know how your Norcold 1200 frig caused a fire and concerns I should have with my NX641 frig.  

On a LSU football weekend, I pack my Norcold before I leave the Houston area and operate the frig on propane during the 300 mile, six to eight hour journey (depending on traffic) to Baton Rouge rather that run the generator.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Our Norcold Fridge started the fire while it was on the electric side.  Sooner or later the tubes that hold the ammonia break on some of the models.  This is flammable and pours out on an open flame or red hot electric element.  I don't know if the NX641 is a model at risk.