bsjones11

oasis heating module

Someone please tell me what the difference between an oasis heating module and an aqua hot heating system.  And if they are different, which is better.  Everyone that I have met that has an aqua hot has problems.  looking at new coach and need to know

bsjones11.  They are both the same.  Oasis is a newer version and much more compact/lighter.  Does the same job and cost less!  AH came out in 1984, Oasis came out in 1998 and has evolved along with technology ever since!  AH finally snapped to the idea that a unit did not have to be big/heavy, so in 2008 came out with the 450.  Go with Oasis! IMHO. 

We've had two AHs, both  have worked flawlessly.  We know lots of folks with AHs....very few with problems.  Exercise them monthly and do the maintenance.  Most coaches are not going to give you a choice.  If you buy coach X you'll get whatever the manufacturer puts in it.  I would not base my decision as to which coach to buy based on the heating system.

Oasis is made by INTERNATIONAL THERMAL RESEARCH

Aquahot is made by Aqua-Hot Heating Systems, Inc. The Aquahot (my vintage) utilizes a Webasto burner unit, I have no idea if the later ones are the same.

In looking at the two side by side the Oasis seems to be less complicated at the burner unit level. The Oasis looks more like a home heating boiler burner unit. I would be more concerned on the previous owners maintenance rather than the manufacture of the unit if you are looking at used. Both will break if not maintained properly.

When I did an internet search on the two companies both popped up with other forum links with problem units. 

I have a 2009 Gulf Stream Tourmaster Constellation 45g which has an Oasis Diesel powered hot water heater with the recirculation module that heats the inside of the coach and there is heater cores in the cargo bays and it circulates hot water . I have no electric heaters to protect tanks and lines from freezing, the hot water takes care of that. I have it serviced every 2 years. I never turn it off. Had a problem one time not running it for 4 months. will not happen again.

We have the Oasis system in our Newmar.   We full time so it gets lots of use.  There is an annual  " service kit " which is very simple to install.   I did have an issue earlier this year which wasn't covered in their online manual, so I called their Tech line - great service and detailed questions led them to conclude it was a small " diode " looking part that is part of the safety system - shuts down the fuel supply if it senses a problem.  A $4.00 part, and 30 minutes install.  Heater itself is a very simple design - I think they developed it for the military first ( Tent heater ), then moved into boats, and finally RV. I know they supply Newmar - not sure  who else uses them.