dons2346

Toads, Towed Behind

How else would you "tow" something if it isn't behind the motorhome ? Has anyone ever seen something towed in front of a motorhome?

An inquiring mind would like to know.

Your statement reminds me of the story of the Poll pulling his chain into the barroom every night. When asked why he pulled that thing behind him, he replied, I'd look silly trying to push it.:rolleyes:

I guess the next thing from the FMCA "Computer Wizards", will be dealing with a mini-self contained (in quarts,  not gallons) TT, pulled by a motor cycle! :wacko:

1 hour ago, manholt said:

I guess the next thing from the FMCA "Computer Wizards", will be dealing with a mini-self contained (in quarts,  not gallons) TT, pulled by a motor cycle! :wacko:

Don't be ugly 👿 😇

13 hours ago, dons2346 said:

How else would you "tow" something if it isn't behind the motorhome ? Has anyone ever seen something towed in front of a motorhome?

An inquiring mind would like to know.

There are other ways of towing things.  I tow my boat behind my pickup for example.  I have seen a receiver mounted on the front of a motorhome and would launch a boat by aiming the trailer down the ramp.

3 hours ago, desertdeals69 said:

There are other ways of towing things.  I tow my boat behind my pickup for example.  I have seen a receiver mounted on the front of a motorhome and would launch a boat by aiming the trailer down the ramp.

But you are still "towing" behind just with your pickup not the coach.  The front mounted receiver is pushing the trailer, not towing. But that brings up another question.

Is the MH with the front mounted receiver now towing "in front" ?

No, non, no Don. You know as well as I do that unless you're only going in reverse with the toad in front, you're pushing.  Now if you're going in reverse always, you would be towing. I definitely see your point so they need to add another category for toads pushed in front of a motorhome. Right? Would that resolve the issue or am I confusing pushing from the rear to towing from the front. I don't know, my head hurts now.

Ditto. X2.  One thing we can agree upon...it's a STUPID category! :wacko: Nothing surprises me in FMCA anymore! :P

OK, please suggest a better designation to differentiate between:

"Towing-- towing behind motorhome"

AND

"Towing 5th wheel or trailer"

OK, "Towing-- towing behind motorhome" =Toad

"Towing 5th wheel or trailer" = Tow Vehicle 

Towing with a Medium Duty Trucks (Class 4-6) =MDToater

Towing with a Heavy Duty Trucks (Class 7/8) = HDToater

Didn't we use to have a library? We need a library.

Bill

The thought here  is how else would you tow something,, or anything unless it is behind the item providing the power to move the item.

So, why do people say "tow behind my motorhome"? Is there another position to tow from?

Brett.

Welcome back! :P:) Hope you had a great Journey.

As you can see, nothing much has changed.  This time, we did not start it...if you can make any believable sense of this category, please do so! :blink:

Carl C.

9 hours ago, dons2346 said:

So, why do people say "tow behind my motorhome"? Is there another position to tow from?

Let's see, one could tow behind a car, a truck, a tractor, a train, and on and on and on. I believe that the OP is letting us know that is a MH, not anything else that he/she is planning to tow their toad with. Have a great day! -_-

On 3/28/2018 at 4:03 AM, kaypsmith said:

Let's see, one could tow behind a car, a truck, a tractor, a train, and on and on and on. I believe that the OP is letting us know that is a MH, not anything else that he/she is planning to tow their toad with. Have a great day! -_-

Actually it is the word behind. In what location would you tow an object if it isn't behind the towing car, motorhome, truck, etc?

Oh well.

47 minutes ago, dons2346 said:

Actually it is the word behind. In what location would you tow an object if it isn't behind the towing car, motorhome, truck, etc?

Oh well.

I'm not going there, in fact I think that I'll have another BIG ORANGE,  hick!:lol: Ask Bill C. if he knows what is is?

Behind.

I have to agree, I will not go there.  Time for a glass of Wine!  We made it back home & I only have 3, capillary leaks...time for a new roof, think I'll go with Rhino and be done with it.  Then look for a "New to me, coach"!