rgriff

30 amp side not working on built in surge protector

I have a built in surge protector in my 2003 Winny Journey DL.  When I try to run just 30 amp through it starts to time itself but never lets the power go through.  When I plug in 50 amp it takes a long time to get through the delay but it will finally allow shore power to go through.  Anyone have any ideas.  Is the surge protector bad?  Help.

11 hours ago, Rgriff said:

I have a built in surge protector in my 2003 Winny Journey DL.  When I try to run just 30 amp through it starts to time itself but never lets the power go through.  When I plug in 50 amp it takes a long time to get through the delay but it will finally allow shore power to go through.  Anyone have any ideas.  Is the surge protector bad?  Help.

Rgriff, Welcome to the FMCA Forum?

This link will get all the info. on model you have. Does the slide issue change when you run the generator>

The Wiring for the slide control sw at the dash is pictured, but theslide motor control module and wiring looks to be missing.

What is the condition and age of the batteries?

Rich.

You don’t mention if this all happening at the same power pedestal , if so, there could be a problem at the pedestal. What make and model is the EMS? If this occurring at different pedestals, I would suspect the EMS unit is bad. I have read recently about a few portable Progressive 50 amp units going bad.

or.....are we talking about the transfer switch? These are suppposed to have a limited surge protection. If this is where the problem lies then it most likely is the transfer switch going bad or a poor connection in the switch.

Does it do this on every 30-amp outlet or just this one? If it's just this one, I'd suspect it's not letting power through because it found some fault with the outlet. That's exactly what you're hoping it will do.