ktconners

Suggestions on best hose from holding tanks

Hi we are new to the RVworld. Does anyone have a suggestion as to a good hose to use from our holding tanks? I went down to Walmart and am now on my second hose because of leaking. Not sure if I am not putting it away properly or not buying the strongest hose available? Any thoughts from the veteran RV people? Thanks,

Ron

I would go with the Camco 20ft Revolution Swivel RV Sewer Hose Kit. Available at Wal-Mart, Amazon, Camping World...

s-l400.jpg

We actually bought two so that we could reach any sewer connection from 10 to 40 feet.

When not in use you can compress the hoses and screw the storage caps on. Makes them easy to store and keeps any residual liquid or odors inside.

X2 on Rhino, ours is 10 years old this year. The one thing I absolutely love, you can use it compressed and it holds its shape! some when water enters they will expand and jump all over the place. If in an expandable track to help descend most will jump out or flip over.

i bought a red Valterra, it reminded me of the snake in a can it would jump all over the place once water entered it. I gave it away after the 2nd use.

Used a Rhino Flex for 10 years. Good hose. Just recently switched to the Dominator. Two 10 foot sections and a 5 foot section.  I like the Dominator for the clear elbow at the sewer line and the exrension from the screw-in for a rubber donut (always carry one).

I still have some Rhino Flex if I need more than 25 feet. I rather have to much than not enough.

Rhino Flex...same reason as Joe L.  I carry 2 x 10 feet and one 15 foot, along with clear elbow and a separate none screw in 90 degree for the donut !  It all fits in a clear plastic box 2'W x 12"H x 42"L.

I keep mine in the fuel tank bay in these tubes they have a slope and a hole on the floor in that bay so any liquids will drain out. I simply open the door grab the main hose and pull it out of the tube on the driver side. 

IMG_2635.JPG

I'm with Kay!  Joe L, your allowing the possibility of pollutants, to drain and stunt the growth, of the Lost Kalifornia Desert sand Fly! Shame on you!!!:rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, manholt said:

I'm with Kay!  Joe L, your allowing the possibility of pollutants, to drain and stunt the growth, of the Lost Kalifornia Desert sand Fly! Shame on you!!!:rolleyes:

:lol: You should smell what the Amish farm next to us sprays on his fields :wacko: in a few weeks. 

My water hoses and filter get looped together, not sewer. 

I do have one of those tubes in the wet bay, that's where I store two new sewer hoses in the event I ever need to replace one, or have a need for more than the 20 feet that I keep looped together.B)

On 3/27/2018 at 6:27 PM, hermanmullins said:

I am partial to the Rhino Flex Hose. Mainly because is will compress to about 4 feet and expand to 15 feet. IMHO.

Herman

Same here...and it's very tough.

Rhino Flex for us also.  I originally bought sections so I could reach up to 40'.  They were all about 8 years old but in reality only one 15' section got used on a regular basis.  Last week I threw it away because it was showing some signs of wear.  I wasn't going to wait until that one black tank dump when it finally sprang a leak.  I replaced it, cleaned all the other sections, then spent about an hour stretching them all out and treating them with 303.  Honestly the Rhino is made so well about the only thing that should damage them is UV rays.

Also, accidentally stepping on one! :o The other is allowing it to get near the AH exhaust pipe...made a nice brown mess!  Gorilla tape is your friend.. :P

We got the sewer solution setup years ago and never looked back.  No stinky slinky, no worrying about getting the hose down hill and the hose lasts years.  It only came with 10" of hose but we got the length we wanted at Lowes.

24 minutes ago, manholt said:

The other is allowing it to get near the AH exhaust pipe.

I have almost done that on several occasions B). II usually remember an hour later and I run out to check it, that and the CATV line will often pop up and lay near the pipe. 

Born2travel. 

Takes to long for me & uphill is something that I avoid anyway!  Besides everything is relevant to the size off your holding tank and how many teens are onboard...Joe L. will attest to that. :rolleyes: 

Those take much too long for me to empty and I've watched the videos on how to take them apart and fix them when they don't work. No fun when the tank has "stuff" against it and you remove it :wacko:

I have sat in the dump station line many many times, while it is entertaining it gets old fast. I don't want to be the guy holding up the line with 150 gallons of Black and gray. Then it is also just one more thing to break, got enough of those gremlins now.

Agree with the last posters, our 'waste management system' is left at home in my storage building....never to be used again!

FIVE.  Like yours, it came with my coach...now I have extra space for the donut and one 10' long Rhino!  Since my toilet is a macerator, don't need one more.