genenick

Kwikee Electric Steps

I have Kwikee Electric Steps on my 2006 Damon Challenger Motorhome. When they go from the fully closed to open position there is a pop. I crawled underneath there today after doing my monthly lube and watched the movement of the steps. It appears to me there needs to be an adjustment made on the steps. I got out the manual today and it refers to steps on adjusting the cam stops; but gives no information or pictures of what needs adjusting and where. I went to the Kwikee web site and downloaded what is the same manual as I have.

Is there anyone who can give me an idea of where the cam switches are located and which one would be the one to shorten the travel distance when the steps retract?

Thanks in advance.

Gene

On our steps the switches are pretty easy to pick out as there are wires that run to them. You might have to look carefully for cable runs but there should be wires running to the switches. An examination of them will let you know which signals the stop point for the close and which is for the open limit.

Well to write a conclusion to this problem I never was able to find any limit switches or anything to adjust for that matter. I broke down and took it to the dealer that sold me the rig and they advise that the entire "stepper motor" has to be replaced as there are no adjustments outside inital installation. That sounds crazy to me but I have an extended warranty package that authorized the replacment (parts and labor) at no cost to me so that will be the conclusion of this particular problem...

Glad you are getting it fixed.

Just want to point out a couple of things for general info.

There are no limit switches on the steps. The control board senses the increased current when the steps reach the mechanical limits and cuts the power to the motor. This feature also protects the steps in case you are too close to a curb or other obstruction.

There is one magnetic reed switch that activates the control board when the door is opened or closed.