manholt

New Roof

My Dicor sealed roof has bit the dust.  Having RV Armor put on ASAP, before I incurred any internal damage!  2 days ago, in the 7 hour frog strangler rain storm, my light over dinette started dripping.  It's mounted as a scone to the slide out roof...The outside portion of slide out had no puddles of water and was surprisingly dry!  That means, I have a roof leak!

We will be here in Burnet for 2 weeks, before we leave for OK. 

I just love the encouragement from friends! :P:blink:

Why $19K ?  Tree fall on it, or hail damage? :huh:

RV Rhino Armor = $5,600, life of the coach warranty is transferable!  We had dinner with 4 friends, that had it done to their coaches, very happy! I'm going to speak with my Insurance agent, Tuesday. :)

Carl, I want you to know that I for one appreciate you stimulating the economy. I encourage you to spend whatever amount necessary to protect your coach. There....feel better?😉

A friend of mine has a 40' Winnebago Tour, his roof peeled off starting from the front when driving in high wind. This happened last fall and he just got it out of the shop, $28K to replace the roof.

Fortunately he had an extended service plan,  he has had more than his share of problems with this coach.

Jim

Jim S.  :D If I could get away with $600, I would...not in any hurry to stimulate the economy!  :ph34r:

Wayne.  Hope that was on the coach that drowned? :huh:

Jim.  I had a 2007 Tour 40' DK.  Not bad/not good, my cost in 5 years was about $30K, Insurance paid out another $20K ! :wacko:

Y'all have obviously forgotten what I posted on here several years ago.  This information is guaranteed to be correct and guaranteed for life.  If you own an RV, it will be in one of three conditions...not in any order:

-  It's broken.

-  You just fixed it.

-  It's getting ready to break again.

Isn't that the truth. I am holding my breath waiting to see what problem pops up next. I feel bad for those who have to pay someone else to do everything. 

Bill

It's amazing to me how many owners don't have a tool box with basic tools, Bill. They do have a credit card and apparently more money than I have, of course lots of people have more money than me. 🤑

FIVE,  Your correct and as we say, "It's a rolling earthquake"!

WBill.  Between me and the Gal with the Rubber hammer, we can get the basic things done!  However Vertigo (Linda) and bad knees (me) and old age on both of us, we can't slide under a coach or climb on the roof anymore! :rolleyes::(  We accept that.

Jim S.  Lots of people have more money than I and Linda combined...Same goes for our POTUS or Bill Gates for that matter! :P  You and I just got to feel good about not having to have body guards in another coach...look at all the money we are saving!!! :lol:

Case in point. I posted a while ago about trying to find the water pump fuse. As a recap, went to the coach and while there tried to wash my hands. No water pump. Worked just fine a few days ago. Had a hard time finding the fuse as it was nowhere near where all the experts and factory drawings thought it might be. Finally found it in fuse box at foot of bed.B) Ok the point of the storey is if I had taken it to Rev Group in Alvarado it would probbabley cost me $500 and a new water pump. I don't remember what the fuse cost but way under $2.00. By the way have you seen the new hi tech fuses that have a led that lights up if they fail?

I don't want to seem like I am picking on those who have problems that prevent them from doing projects. 

Bill

On 4/2/2018 at 5:40 PM, FIVE said:

-  It's broken.

-  You just fixed it.

-  It's getting ready to break again.

That is soooo true!!

I always tell people, deep pockets or mechanically inclined, anything else get a discount hotel card, this is not the hobby for you :D

Joe L.  That's why they make towable!  Also, eco friendly small cars, that get a long ways on little gas, as a toad for the big DP/Gasser!  Now their broke and cant afford a gas guzzler! :o:lol:

1 minute ago, manholt said:

That's why they make towable!

Those are problematic also, balsa wood framing and a terrible suspension beats them up pretty hard :lol:

That's why it's a shame that they don't make a 30 foot Casita!  The only TT that's worth having is a Airstream !!

18 minutes ago, manholt said:

The only TT that's worth having is a Airstream !!

My thoughts exactly, built like a...high quality motorhome structurally. I have always admired the vintage Airstreams.