obiwan_canoli

Solar Solution Adequate?

Hello, everyone!

Pretty new to the Class A lifestyle (2017 Newmar Ventana LE), I had the dealer install a 160 Watt Zamp Solar Deluxe kit, anticipating I may have a potential need and desire to increase capacity. It was important that the Zamp panels make it easy to add a panel or two with simply a plug-in feature, requiring minimal effort to do so at minimal cost (short of self-installation).

While I don't have specific plans to boondock extensively, I also expect I will want to seek hideaways and places absent shore power, so that I may also enjoy the benefit of dry camping for 1-2 weeks at a time, and perhayps longer. After much research, and tapping the experience of the technicians who initially installed the first panel, I've chosen to add two additional 160 Watt panels (for a total of 480 Watts, producing 8.7 Amps each (total 26.1 Amps), and have a 30A Controller.

i also have a fridge that can run electric or gas, a house battery bank of 4-6 Volt batteries, 2 - 15M Inverters, and plan to be judicious with my TV & microwave usage. 

Since the original dealer is 500 miles away, I've ordered the panels from Amazon, and I'm planning to have a local Zamp dealer install them, which saves me about $400, when compared to having the original dealer sell and install each panel.

Based on the above information, would you conclude that my solution should, under most circumstances, work well for my anticipated needs? If not, what would you recommend?

Thanks for your input and advice - it's much appreciated!

Michael

Edited by OBIWAN_CANOLI
Added relevant information

I'm surprised there've been no replies to my post, despite the high number of views, so assume I must be asking in the wrong forum, or I've somehow committed an unforgivable error... Thanks to a different forum, I have my answers...

I sent you a PM and gave you the contact information, to the only person I know on Forum, who boondocks all the time by Solar Power!  Did you get in touch with Bill Edwards?  Per your post, I will assume it was to much of a bother!

Good luck and hope it all works out for you!