TimeTraveler

Things I would like to see from Factory

A small cabinet of drawers etc that they would include a bag or loose a dozen bolts, screws, nuts, fittings, and fuses, and where they are in the coach on a card.

Staff replaced a water pump for us at rally. They lost the original stainless crews, that held the water compartment panels in place. They substituted some wood screws which nowhere near fitted. Something rattling around in Ark last year , the covers in the water bay. Went all over Ft Smith and could only find stainless cap screws which fit. Not cheap, over a dollar apiece for 20. Have a few extra plus a new driver bit. 

Fuses, we have three types. One container with the old type car fuses but  no spares for others. The F350 we had came with several of every one of the fuses plus a puller in a box on inner fender.

Would like that sort of thing included. When you are in the boonies and nothing works and need a fuse and Road Side assistance has to come half way across the state with a fuse...ummm.

Oh I have tired to buy an assortment like I saw several years ago but no joy. Two or three fusees in one size per pkg. Maybe fifty dollars for everyone that you might need and a cabinet or something to sort and store them in and the pullers not up to my spec.

Right now I can't pull to the front the other little bits and pieces that sure would come in handy...but I have some of them now after I needed them. On calll mobile techs in south Carolina, middle of the night, 215.00 an hour and didn't bring water pipe fittings with him.

I have some now.

At the factory several years ago a fellow RVer had a rather large cabinet in his bay with what appeared to be every conceivable nut, bolt, fitting, fuse, bulb and other things plus tools. He helped us with a small item. A real nice Guy. Next time I see him ,I want to thank him again.

Such an idea might cost the Factory 50.00 since all they would need is the cabinet and simply drop a few extra bits in a bag at each station, labeled of course and....???

timetraveler...it would help if you posted year/make/model/engine of your coach in your signature, and maybe your home base, if you don't mind.

i'm going to update our profile a bit later today, probably tomorrow.

Procedure yesterday and not up to speed when I posted and maybe not for another day.

TT.

I carry an assortment of fuses, from 2 to 25A.  Got them at Wall Mart and most came in a multi fuse pack.  Needle nose pliers make good pullers.  Any auto store, has multi wire packs.  Assorted SS screws, nuts bolts and fasteners in general, can be found at Lowe's, good quality! 

I have several small bags some labeled of bits and pieces now and carry some tools.

I have got to find the time, should have long ago to find a cabinet I want. I saw one Elkhart at a popular store, name escapes me, that we don't hav here.

It will take a bit to put it all together. Fuses we have the big black copper end 20 amp and maybe a 30 amp in line fuses, like were common in the fifties in homes. Of course 5,10,20, and maybe a 30 amp common blade type fuses. I passed on the last ones I saw at O Rileys and others. Even cheaper quality it appears than 5 years ago. Then old in inline small 5, 10 and 20 amp fuses.

The pullers they offered  were seemingly designed to try and if it breaks by another one or two. The needle nose will have to do but no comfortable with all the juice in the main panels up in front electrical compartment and the two big panels near the converter/charger etc.

So far though in several years only one expensively replaced small inline under the bed and one blade type in the big electrical compartment.

Could have saved 215.00 if I had had those. Middle of a cold night in nowhere in SC.

I have a complete tool box for mechanical repairs, also one for electrical with all the fuses, connectors, even tools and connector to fix TV coax.

I have enough tools to fix most issues.  And to screw up one or two at the same time:wub:.

Herman

I would like to see manufacturers locate dash controls where they are visible and usable while driving.  Too many motor homes have  radios, dash air, and such are down low in the center.  Looks nice but tough to use underway. 

1 hour ago, barrys129 said:

I would like to see manufacturers locate dash controls where they are visible and usable while driving.  Too many motor homes have  radios, dash air, and such are down low in the center.  Looks nice but tough to use underway. 

I believe they are more centered for a few reasons. Passenger can adjust the radio and radios are often used while parked as well as in route somewhere. If my radio was in the dash wrapped around me when parked it could be a nuisance to access especially with the remote that is kept in the dining area. I believe it needs a line of sight to pick up the signal.

Post some photos of your layout. 

78F4FA8A-31BE-42EC-84FE-AC2FA15046AD.jpeg

DD4B1207-A9A0-421A-BC31-F3F64A961EC5.jpeg

CB13E874-7498-438B-A666-5FBE4AC2433F.jpeg

1 hour ago, richard5933 said:

I have no problem. All within easy reach. Just like the cockpit of a fighter jet. 😁

What is that lever on the right side, the one sticking up out of the floor, is that the ejection seat lever? 🤩

Image result for pictures of F-35 cockpit

Yes everything should be laid out for easy use.   

Bill