Abqtiger

Extended warranty

We have a 2007 Country Coach with 56,000 miles. We have looked into Good Sam extended warranty that is 2k+ annually with a 1k deductible. What does the membership think of this? Worthwhile? 

At 2K a year I would self insure.  when I purchased my current MH I bought a 5 year extended warranty for (I think) $5k.  Never got my money back on that one!  Should have self insured.

Lenp

2007 CC.  What model and year/ HP engine? 

07 is the year CC filed for Bankruptcy....also the year, EPA mandate for Particulate regenerated filter became law.  Your question as has been stated so many times before, is "How secure do you feel about a $5K bill"?  I do self insure, also have a 2009 engine (Particulate filter) and it will have to be taken out and baked at some point.  Then replaced at some point.  Baked is $2,500 + Labor, new is $5,000+ plus Labor!  I have that & more covered, so I'm not concerned and sleep soundly at night. :wub: 

9 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

Some do. Some don't. Some will. Some won't. 

True, I don't and won't.:)

Abqtiger,

You will have to determine if an extended warranty is suitable for your needs. I have been with the same extended warranty for 10 years and my rationale is for any catastrophic failure such as an engine or transmission.  Over the years, the plan has paid out for a plethora of mechanical issues and there were instances in which it did not. 

I was recommended to self-insure also but I was not trying to save $25,000 to $35,000 just in case.  This is a different perspective from someone who, for the most part, has benefited from having a plan. 

Best of luck in your decision making.