mailman

Road Salt and the RV

What Do or can one do to take care of road salt on the frame and chasee of the RV.

Is there anything that could be used to neutralize the damage that is cause to rusting?

I    know there is a concern by all of using the RV in snow , Ice , and salted Roadways.

Tim

WBill.  That's a great idea!  Would benefit all of us, no matter where we live!

DD69.  Even where you live and travel, every paved surface has abrasive chemicals that affect you...especially during and after a rain event.

Bill

Is there anything that could be used to neutralize the damage that is cause to rusting?

Great thought your reply, and one would maybe take a look at the undercarriage  to inspect .

BUT, is there  a product to use to neutralize SALT, or the solution the turnpikes spray on road 

and dries to white trace on the road surface.  That powder left on  the road ends up coating the 

undercarriage. 

Wildebill308, thank for reply.

Tim

16 hours ago, desertdeals69 said:

I won't live or drive in weather that requires salt and other chemicals on the road.

Ditto.

20 hours ago, manholt said:

DD69.  Even where you live and travel, every paved surface has abrasive chemicals that affect you...especially during and after a rain event.

All of my vehicles, motorhome, 3 Prius, 2 Silverado 1500 have lived there life in the Southwest and have zero rust underneath.  Motorhome has traveled coast to coast and border to border at the optimum time of the year weather wise.