ispjs

Another Bad Pet Story

I thought I had witnessed the rudest behavior a couple years ago when early one morning another camper walked his dog past my covered motorcycle, stopped, and allowed his pet to urinate all over it.  Then when I exited my camper and asked him not to repeat that behavior he actually denied his dog had done it.

But no wait, I think I ran into his twin sister yesterday.

It had cooled down so our windows were open about dinner time.  All of a sudden my wife says "what is that smell?"  The site next to us is turned opposite us so our sewer hoses are all on the same side.  She looked out the side window and down.  There was a gal in her 60's, or early 70's, watching her dog crap about 2 feet from our coach.  This wasn't in the front, this was about a third of the way down and next to the coach!  She immediately turned away and briskly walked back to the road and away.  I quickly put my shoes on and finally caught up to her several sites away and around a corner.  

I asked her "Mam, don't you carry plastic bags?"  She said she had forgot to carry one and was getting it to go back and clean up the mess.  Her husband who was sitting nearby with another dog, spoke up and said "we always clean our messes up".  

She did show up a few minutes later and pick up the rather large and smelly droppings.

I don't know if they "always clean up their messes" or not.  I guess what I find more rude than leaving the mess is the fact that she led her dog in between me and the guy next to me in the first place.  There are several open common areas with grass within 30 yards plus designated pet areas a little further away.  Why would you sneak between two RV's several spots down from your site just before dark to let your dog to that?

Getting off my box now.

Joe S.

Two part story.  #1, she had no intention of PU.  #2, I have run out of bags before and had to go back...I just don't allow our dog to do it between coaches..that's insane! I really don't think her husband has a clue, to what she does!

Linda has walked out with a bag before and given it to a pet owner, who did not carry any and as Linda say's, I don't want to step in your dogs poop!  You be surprised at how many will take the bag, flip Linda the "Bird" and walk off.  :angry:

We hsve four that go with us on most occasions, and when walking them, they are not allowed near another persons camper, auto, tow dolly, or anything else that is personal belongings to another human. But we often observe the behavior that you are describing and make comments to unresponsible pet owners also. This type behavior is what causes more and more rights being lost everyday.:ph34r:

23 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

We hsve four that go with us on most occasions, and when walking them, they are not allowed near another persons camper, auto, tow dolly, or anything else that is personal belongings to another human. But we often observe the behavior that you are describing and make comments to unresponsible pet owners also. This type behavior is what causes more and more rights being lost everyday.:ph34r:

We follow this process! I would be embarrassed if someone from my family acted like that. We only walk them in public spaces, never between campsites occupied or empty. We have a family rule, we also don't walk through any campsite but our own unless invited.

We have the bag dispenser on the leashes, looks like this and a box in the coach with refills; 

s-l225.jpg

Staying at Ft Bliss RV park, El Paso. Two good size pet areas, no fence. Dog crap everywhere. One of the biggest problems I see is the permanents and I've seen it at a lot of campgrounds. I guess when you go from RV'ng to low income housing, you don't have to obey the rules. 

What gripes me is lazy parents that send little Johnny or Susie out to walk Rover and the kid does not have a bag or even a clue that they are supposed to pick up the mess.

Ken

Always felt, we need some bleach in the Gene Pool, every 10 years or so!  When Rover sees a rabbit, cat or other dog, the Circus begins!

Good Campgrounds won't put up with such shennigans.

Cold Water, Michigan Waffle Farm has forced several  to leave  because of Pet let to do their thing on other's sites and even chairs etc.

Long time ago near the Sue the  town before we stayed in route to Thunder Bay.

Woman opened  her door let her dog out and watched as it pooped right in front of our steps.  She refused to acknowledge my protests .

Tried to find a H but when I returned they had pulled  up stakes and left.

At Waffle Farm a woman let her dog  run round and wet on our lounge chairs. Called Office and she left.

Next year same spot on lake and she  was next door  guiding her dog to do its business  right in front of our MH.

Next am her and two men apparently were throwing stones on our roof in early am.

I went outside and they said  there  were squirrels  on top. I went out to stop here from letting the dog  poop right in front of us, where we  would have  to step  in it on the  way to the lake out front. She beat me, as I tripped over a broom, back to their RV.

I saw them outside  at their picnic table and was out watching ducks on the water, trying to figure out what to say and not cause a big storm..

She started cussing me etc as the two  men sat there in wonderment. I went back in and told my wife I was calling the Sheriff .

I guess she heard me and left a lone quickly. Oh and they had gotten up  before 7:00 raising cain, cussing and throwing ladders and metl etc in the back of their truck. Called office. They were renovating a Menards,  in town. She apologized and they aren't allowed to come back.

Found two large dog droppings this morning in grass on our site about 5' from the entry stairs..... no other units within 30 yards..... amazing how disrespectful so many dog owners are.

Makes you want to take a water hose with a high pressure end, one that looks like a fire hose end, and point it directly at the pet owner, then pull the trigger. Hmmm, we would probably land in jail!:blink: Wayne, your idea just might work, just place it in a brown paper bag, set it on fire then knock on the door.:wub:

Staying at the Fort Bliss RV Park in El Paso. Been here for 6 days and leaving in the morning. We have been to a lot of parks and yes, dog crap in everyone. This park however, is the worse we have seen. Two big grassy areas, no fence, and it's about as bad as trying to walk next to a lake with a high goose population. It is a direct reflection on the management, or lack of. 

Kay.

Don't set the bag on fire...throw it in the truck or SUV!  That way, they have a wonderful aroma from a hot car/poop on the long way home!  I would put a note in it..."Remember me"?

I'm also irritated by bad pet owners. Just why do they think there is designated a dog walk???; Yet, they allow their pet to defecate/urinate on the RV space where small children play on the ground. I'm thinking there should be behavior schools for pet owners.

If they are too lazy to walk to the designated dog walk they have no business owning a dog. One man in the RV resort at FT. Myers Beach  continually opened the door, let his dog out, then let it back in after the deed was done. Every time I found dog crap in my yard I dropped it down in the cowling under his windshield wipers, where the A/C draws in air____. :)

10 hours ago, RayIN said:

I'm also irritated by bad pet owners. Just why do they think there is designated a dog walk???; Yet, they allow their pet to defecate/urinate on the RV space where small children play on the ground. I'm thinking there should be behavior schools for pet owners.

If they are too lazy to walk to the designated dog walk they have no business owning a dog. One man in the RV resort at FT. Myers Beach  continually opened the door, let his dog out, then let it back in after the deed was done. Every time I found dog crap in my yard I dropped it down in the cowling under his windshield wipers, where the A/C draws in air____. :)

Haha, should add a few drops of Fox urine as well. You can get it at most any sporting goods store. Just sayin'

Sorry, but our dog has gotten sick (UTI) just about every time she uses a dog park so we find an isolated area along the fence line for her to go. Now for urine, I don't let her get more than 2 feet onto the grass wherever an RV is parked.  We carry doggie bags and always pick up after her. If the doggie bag container just happens to be empty we go back to the MH and get another and return to the "dumped" area and pick up where she dumped.

Not lazy, just don't want my nice dog getting sick.

On 4/11/2018 at 7:20 AM, kaypsmith said:

Makes you want to take a water hose with a high pressure end, one that looks like a fire hose end, and point it directly at the pet owner, then pull the trigger. Hmmm, we would probably land in jail!:blink: Wayne, your idea just might work, just place it in a brown paper bag, set it on fire then knock on the door.:wub:

I stay at a place in SC that has a few permanents. One of the permanents has rigger a sprinkle in the yard and if there is any movement it come on.

Be calm. Just pick up the "handwarmer" and then when it gets dark or the offender goes away, smear the poo on their entry step, the door handle or assist handle. And, if there is any left over smear it on their car door handle and then push the baggie or whatever down into their air intake. Some poo on the driver's side windshield is good also.