rfsod48

What tire if price no concern

If price is excluded in the decision making, what tire would you buy ? Michelin, Continental or Goodyear are the tires I have locally at reputable dealer.

Roland

Roland.

WBill has a Bounder and he seems to be happy with his Continentals!  Just stay with the same size and rating as the original tires that came on the coach!  Stay away from "J" rating, no mater what the Salesman say's!  Over Kill. :rolleyes::)

Don't go by price tag!  The more a company advertises, especially on TV, the more you got to pay! IMHO

Michelin AZA2's. Look at just about any new Motorhome. They almost all have Michelin's. Getting a set put on my 2002 Newmar Kountry Star DP in 2 weeks. Went thru FMCA program. saved a couple hundreds bucks. Worth it to me....

25 minutes ago, 19jcm79 said:

Michelin AZA2's. Look at just about any new Motorhome. They almost all have Michelin's. Getting a set put on my 2002 Newmar Kountry Star DP in 2 weeks. Went thru FMCA program. saved a couple hundreds bucks. Worth it to me....

Welcome to the forum.

I saved over $100.00 each off the Michelin sale price going with the Continentals. $600.00+ savings off the Michelin discount price is worth it to me. Ride great.

Bill

On 4/6/2018 at 2:50 AM, manholt said:

Roland.

WBill has a Bounder and he seems to be happy with his Continentals!  Just stay with the same size and rating as the original tires that came on the coach!  Stay away from "J" rating, no mater what the Salesman say's!  Over Kill. :rolleyes::)

Don't go by price tag!  The more a company advertises, especially on TV, the more you got to pay! IMHO

I got the Michelin J rating tires and love them.  Also I was able to lower the pressure a little for a softer smoother ride.  The OneYears that came off were H rating.  

Ray.  I don't know the numbers, but I would expect your coach weigh more and can carry more, than a 38 foot DP Bounder!  I like to stay in the parameters of the OEM tires.  Back in the 1960's to mid 80, we had no set numbers to go by.  I had a gas 31 foot coach new in 1981 that had 2 gas tanks of 75 gallons each and a designated tank of 50 gallons for a 4Kw generator, along with 80 fresh, 60/40.  That by it's self is a lot of weight and I ran with Kelly tires on 19.5's

After talking to a few dealers I find I am unable to get a Continental dealer that accepts the FMCA program within 100 miles of me. I am going to go with the Michelin tires and be done with it. Thank you all for your advice.

Roland

Roland.

Take a look at Air seat for your DW.  It acts like a hydraulic and does not move with the coach or give her the "Bump feedback", like a regular co pilot seat.

If price were not part of the decision I would select based on tire availability and number of service locations across the US ( and Canada if you travel there).

On 4/13/2018 at 10:30 AM, tireman9 said:

If price were not part of the decision I would select based on tire availability and number of service locations across the US ( and Canada if you travel there).

Can you please expand upon that a little regarding dealer networks?  Would you make any recommendations?

On 4/18/2018 at 7:56 PM, InTheDogHouse said:

Can you please expand upon that a little regarding dealer networks?  Would you make any recommendations?

The Big 3 have "company stores" that work together with their inventory.

You can check dealer location from the corporate website.  Goodyear,  Michelin,  or Bridgestone.

Firestone uses same stores as Bridgestone and Dunlop would share Goodyear and Uniroyal with Michelin.

I would just go to the company website for the brand you run or are interested in and look for the link on "Dealers" or "Store Location"

OK, to those of you who have expressed a preference for the Michilins.  In one word, what is the reason?  Price?  Ride?  I will be buying rear tires this summer and am interested in your opinions from those who have them.

Original equipment, ride for me.  I have a heavy coach!  My Lady has a '06 Phaeton 40 DP and runs Michelins, her reason is, security and ride. 

A few years ago I needed to replace the shoes on the 2008. Michelin's were no where to be found.  Decided to go with the Toyo M154's and never noticed any difference and the price was cheaper. Many of the cross country truckers run Toyo's.  Good enough for them, good enough for me.  Price was not a consideration, just worked out that the Toyo's were less expensive.

19 hours ago, brocki said:

OK, to those of you who have expressed a preference for the Michilins.  In one word, what is the reason?  Price?  Ride?  I will be buying rear tires this summer and am interested in your opinions from those who have them.

Don't know if others have followed suit, but Michelin just increased their warranty to 7 years. So spread the cost over 7 years vs 5 and they justify paying a little more.

57 minutes ago, rpelatt said:

Don't know if others have followed suit, but Michelin just increased their warranty to 7 years. So spread the cost over 7 years vs 5 and they justify paying a little more.

You might want to read all the disclaimers and did you properly register your tires when you bought them and have proof of purchase?

https://www.michelinb2b.com/wps/b2bcontent/PDF/Michelin_Truck_Warranty.pdf

Bill

23 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

You might want to read all the disclaimers and did you properly register your tires when you bought them and have proof of purchase?

https://www.michelinb2b.com/wps/b2bcontent/PDF/Michelin_Truck_Warranty.pdf

Bill

I bought mine 2 plus years ago, so "only" have the 5 year warranty. Just pointing out that as all tires have gone up recently in price getting the additional warranty might be a factor in deciding which brand to purchase. One nice feature in buying through the FMCA Tire program is that by buying from Michelin and registering your credit card at the time of purchase they have (as well as FMCA has) your purchase information on file so a warranty claim is all the easier.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:23 PM, 19jcm79 said:

How do you go through the FMCA Program?  I'm a complete newbee to all of this.  Can you also purchase Brigstone tires through FMCA?

Mike,

Welcome to the Forum.

There are some very nice folks at the FMCA office. Give them a call at 513-474-3622 and ask to the Benefits person. They will be able to walk you through the program.

Herman

8 hours ago, MerrittIslandMike said:

How do you go through the FMCA Program?  I'm a complete newbee to all of this.  Can you also purchase Brigstone tires through FMCA?

MerrittislandMike,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

This will get you started on the tire program (Michelin and Continental): https://site.fmca.com/fmca-tire-program